It's not fair...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Soulcry, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

10 countries will be new members of the European Union today after the ceremony in Athens. New countries, which adopted democracy just 10 years ago.
    Everything started in 31 July 1953 there wasnt even a European Union in name at that time. Turkey started her relations with this union. Year 2003 and Turkey which started the membership process in 1953 is still not a member of the European Union. The 10 countries which will be members today had even not a democratic regime and economic system 10 years ago. But today they will join the EU and Turks who enoy democracy for many years will again watch and applaud them with a broken heart..
    Being a Muslem country is very difficult.. very very difficult

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Salty Registered Senior Member

Lucky you. The EU will fail.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. riverline Registered Senior Member

If a muslim union is established would they accept France for instance?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

Well, EU is not a Christian Union (at least its not supposed to be)
    If thats the case why Turkey doesnt get accepted i find it very unfair. This also makes the Christians much more fundemantalist. People are free to believe in anything they want. You cant just judge people with their religion. And there is no law in Turkey that says you must be Muslem.

8. Hannibal Registered Senior Member

I think the Europeans are still resentful over that Constantinople incident.

9. riverline Registered Senior Member

Soulcry

How old r u ?

Your thaughts seem innocent, thats why I think you are young...

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I agree with Soulcry.

11. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

I am a college student and i am not that young anymore. I know that many people think that the main reason why Turkey didnt get accepted in the EU is religion. I have to admit that i also think that this is a big reason but i just dont want to think like that cause its not fair.. not fair. We have to get over this religion concept. Its year 2003 guys

12. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Knowing the antisemitism that goes on in some european countries I wouldnt doubt some baist behavior. A good example of NIMBY syndrome.