Do you not buy a Volkswagen because of WW2?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by grazzhoppa, Apr 16, 2003.

1. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

The familiar saying of how the USA has saved France and that France is ungreatful for what the USA has done in the last 100 years, is a common proof why France is "stupid." Not only have I seen it in these forums and others on the Internet, but my own family believes firmly in it.

My father grew up in the aftermath of WWII, and from US propaganda and teachings of his family, he still believes any business that had its roots through Nazi Germany shouldn't be around today, and that their products shouldn't be bought.

This parallels the newly formed anti-French notion, of where people are stuck on nations owe favors to the US, the USA was infallible with it's historical decisions and the messages the government transmitted are correct. I can't get over how many people living in the US, today, believe that their country is the good one (as opposed to the evil country). The people who believe the US is the lesser of all the evils in the world are ridiculous too. Many people on this forum site see "beyond" newspaper headlines and CNN scrollbars because they are subjected to many sources of information and many angles. Yet these same people that are supposedly seeing "what really happened" are no better than the pro-USA American citizen who believes France owes the US an unpaid and due favor. The conspiracy theorists, pro-USA'ers, anti-Americans, Communists, peace-advocates...all political labels, only leave unjustified arguments to complicate the interactions of nations. The UN included. We have to remember the UN is only the second world organization attempted to bring political labels together and bring order to our civiliation. The threats and dreams of world domination brought the UN to existence, but this organization has been skewed and now is a "circus" where little children watch the show as the whorehouse opperates underneath it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Interpret as you wish.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Fine, well take back all those asses we saved. I saved the slip.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.