Kill Them All

Discussion in 'World Events' started by wesmorris, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Now, according to my understanding of AM's position and many similar opinions of Israel and the Palestinians and all... the Israeli's must die because they are a bunch of capitalist nazi pigs (or something like that).

It's been said that "until one side or the other is gone, there will always be this conflict". I'm a capitalist pig and I don't think my mind can be changed about it. According to the logic of the assholes who would exterminate the jews, we should exterminate the jews. So by that logic, shouldn't we just kill all the Arabs since the jews are capitalists and the Arabs are dead set against the west anyway?

*shrug*

I'm about minimizing the killing myself, but I mean.. if you want to force the scenario.. I think the world would be better off killing all the Arabs than killing all the jews.

(this is contrary to my personal experience, since I know and have befriended more arabs than jews. Hell I even LIKE AM, I'm just trying to make a point)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Go for the trifecta

While you're at it, why not just reach to cover the whole of Abramism?

My own disclaimer is that, while I won't permit the destruction of anyone under such pretenses, I do admit that I think the world would be better off if the whole of the Abramic monotheism went home to God. Think of how cheap property would be!

Part of it is the math, as well: Say what we will about ethnocentrism, culturalisms, anti-whatnotism, and so forth, there's a difference between killing thirteen million people and killing over a billion.

Of course ... (disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer) ... that's why I'm a pacifist. At some point, the ratios just don't matter anymore; a catastrophe is a catastrophe, no matter how you color it.

:m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Pacifism?

I thought I gathered that you were only mostly pacifist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. machaon Registered Senior Member

A reply concerning wesmorris

I have nothing against the jews or arabs. I certainly loathe violence, and do not wish anyone to die. But if Israel has made its bed, we should let them lie in it. It would be a whole lot cheaper than killing all the arabs. One perspective still haunts me though. (remember that I am not pro or anti Israel, just a free thinker). Mabye the U.S. HAS given in to terrorism by being forced to help Israel so that they don't use THEIR nuclear weapons against neighboring countries. Imagine if Saddam Hussein had nuclear weapons. The U.S. then might have to support him in order to protect the region from a nuclear holocost. Just a thought.

8. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

In my fantasy land.... (insert wobbly dream sequence here)
    We build a huge dome over the middle east. Let's call it the Thunderdome. It's about 10 feet thick concrete and has a water on top of it. This'll prevent any nuclear radiation from getting out, and provide 'rain' as concrete is pourous. There is one exit (picture the entrace to NORAD). We take in food, and take out oil.

The wall stays up until they can all learn to play nice with each other... or they kill each other.
    (end dream sequence)

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Saddam unearths a lamp with a genie in it. It offers him three wishes. For his first wish he says "I wish an impenatrable dome be built over the Iraq from which nothing may pass without my approval." For his second wish he says "I wish that nothing within this dome ever be capable of threatening my rule."
    Saddam just cant figure out what to do with his last wish. Finally he comes to a conclusion. "Genie, give the last wish to bush. The pig will probabally just wish to get rid of those ears of his."

Later on bush make's his wish. "Genie, fill the domb with water."

10. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

They have the choice to leave every second of the time spend in occupied territory before their inevitable deaths .

U couldnt possibly win in such a situation .
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20853

Who's the world ? USA and Israel ?
    Sure..........

Ur bad at making points wes

What u say is simply not practical , u let urself lead by emotions of wanting to make a point , and then come up with arguments that just dont work .

11. bwnk Guest

12. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Re: A reply concerning wesmorris

Hmm... cost. Good point. I didn't think that through. However, you might be wrong. I just read in the current issue of discover that you can turn organic waste directly into oil (no bullshit). In that case, maybe it SHOULD be all about oil eh? Damn that's sick. Sorry. I wouldn't kill anyone actually unless my life or family was seriously threatened by them in real time.

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I am DIGGING that one, not to mention the construction contract for that dome! (we'll pay for it with the oil from both the bodies and the ground). Oh and hey, if we're really trying to get them to stay in there, we should call it "heaven" and make sure there are a lot of holographic virgins in there.

14. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Allright everybody, it's time to analyze the feasibility of such a "thunderdome" 10 feet thick?, water on top?, what's the diameter?
    remember this IS A SCIENCE FORUM!!!!

15. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

remember this IS A SCIENCE FORUM!!!!
    Yes, but this is the world events/politics section. I was just saying what I wish we could do, and the direction in which our politics should go. I fully realize that this isn't possible, but damn if I can't wish it was. My "insert wobbly dream sequence here" was meant to prevent somebody from taking the specific idea seriously

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Uh-huh. This is your problem. I honestly don't care about history. They are a country now and have been for a long time.
    goddamn long winded bastard.

i can't even read it at the moment because of your excessive windbaggage. who are you anyway... tiassa? :bugeye:

LOL

regardless, it's a hypothetical man. relax.
    Yes, that is the world.

Bite me. Maybe you're just bad at understanding them.
    Uh-huh. I couldn't possibly have a good point by saying the intentional slaying of gazillions of people is a bad idea. I do believe it is YOU, my friend... who is missing the point of ethics. I'll address it properly soon in the love and hate thread. There's a fine line between being a free thinker and a sociopathic tyrant (I'm not saying you're a sociopath, just that your thinking parallels sociopathic thinking). Are you certain which side of it you're on? Your analysis is flawed (the ethics thing)... but like I said, I'll address you properly soon in the other thread.
    It doesn't work if you don't have a good understanding of ethics, no. That's the point that you can't seem to catch.

... and you've asked me repeatedly things like "why is it 'what I'm thinking' and not the strength of my argument". I'll tell you why: because everyone has as much of a right to their subjective experience as you do to yours, regardless of how stupid you think ethics is.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2003
  17. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member

wes has provided us with a marvelous example of the desensitization of the human soul and conscience.
    It is a clear example of one dimensional thinking.
    (Artifacts be damned, this is about righting wrongs against people)

"kill em all"
    What he says is true yet perfectly evil.
    The argument of "this compared to that is not so bad" is adolescent reasoning that is blind to the true face of war.
    The men stumbling blind with no faces before they bleed to death. Horses trying to stand with legs severed and dangling by a few tendons. Should we pull the nuclear lever, the living will envy the vaporized.
    Like he says its about the victims not History and historic trinkets.
    Certainly there can always be a holocaust of war that can dwarf all its preceding wars. This often happens when a culture decides to follow the chant of a few that war is the answer.

This Iraq invasion is such a small invasion so far compared to Hitler's invasion of Poland.

The operant words are "so far".

No matter how proud deluded patriots like Seth may be, there will come a time when the zealous, suicidal, religion driven purists will seek to even the score with 4 million Americans killed by the will of Allah, the Islamic atomic bomb and biological agents.
    Crap happens, vengence happens, Seth like a moth flys to the flame.
    When war becomes our stock answer in these days of nuclear brinksmanship we may find we can not take what we dish out. Even wes and his family will not weep for the artifacts in a vaporized NYC and DC. They will accept their brave new challenge of survival and grow envious of the dead. They will always believe it was the other guys fault.
    Their revenge will be carried out by their unelected shadow goverment. As you can imagine, their answer will be more war, more horrible war all in hopes that we will have more survivors than - THEM.

When war becomes the only answer it becomes the only option.
    And frankly, I don't think the United States can take it...
    and that includes wes and his load of crap.

One can live by the sword only so long before they die by the sword.

Please wes lets hear more of your AM crap.

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

While your writing skills are very strong, it seems your reading comprehension could use some improvement. It seems to me as if you didn't hear me. That's fine.

I'll spell it out for you. In a nutshell what I did was raise the hypothetical stakes to a ridiculous level. I was hoping to illustrate by example how ridiculous it seems to decide to want to exterminate a group of people because they occupy a space that you think someone else should be occupying. Maybe you missed that? I thought it was a reasonable example.

19. riverline Registered Senior Member

wesmorris

Israel is not going to be a peacefull country, ,, it was a very bad idea to gather people from everywhere and make them sit where other people were sitting, I think the idea was not wise regardless of who was sitting there before..

the idea was not wise but it was clever, it was clever enough to make nations fight for decades,

20. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

it's a hopeless situation. evryday an attack...when i watch it on tv it's quite sick.

if you're going to kill people do it for a useful cause like population reduction or something.

21. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

wes
    And uve been in the military.... ?
    I hope all ur soldiers r like that .......

Thats what they say too , i find that a bit of a sad argument , but it does closes discussions . Im pretty sure u understand the consequences .

Whatever is necesarry to make them leave , is a good idea to me .

My ethics are flawed ? Im not really missing the point of ethics , i found the point of them actually some time ago . And its not like Im misinformed or anything either , Im pretty aware of all the theories and possibilities.....its shitty man .
    Hye but its nice i promoted into not being a sociopath anymore but just showing paralels to sociopath thinking .......LMAO .
    U get funnier by the minute man .
    Hey....im looking forward to seeing my flaws in ethical thinking .

And where exactly did u get the idea people have "rights" anyways......ow wait , thats another one of those fabricate dillusions to make life seem valuable and good (hey...there's ethics again) .
    Gettoutahere man.......if I shoot a man he instantly gaines the right to die .

don
    well........im happy ur realistic . But do remember...its alot more than religion , thats just the form it comes in ...... hey...perhaps religion has nothing to with it even .

wes
    wes.......man ur so close........but u just cant grasp it can you .
    Well , if u dont care about history , the whole option of understanding evaporates into thin air . If stolen land does not justify destruction , nothing does . I could start beating up your family and ask you , how ridiciouless is it to want to destroy people just because u think they cant beat up your family . ]
    U obciously dont really know what occupation mean....but hey ...ur the occupier urself.....its perfectly logic based on your own biasedness theories . Its all fitting in the same system wes , occupyer/murderer/oppressor etc......all i say we should start switching roles.....im sure u wouldnt want that woudl u ?

arivata
    I think it is way sicker that you as well as I even have the possibiliy to whatch it everyday on tv...in a peacefull way .

22. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Am I the only person that sees the problem?
    The same could be said for the religion forum....

"god has NO place in these walls! Just like facts have no place within organised religion"
    - superintendent chalmers

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

All land was stolen so you have to put some kind of limit on it. I'd say squatters rights are like 7 years in the US or something? Maybe after someone has it for 10 years it's just too late to keep fucking with them. Certainly after 50 years you shut the fuck up about it and quit bitching, if only for humanitarian purposes. FIND SOMEPLACE ELSE TO LIVE, fucking whiners.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed about it, I'm just saying that your reponsibility as a human is to fucking get over it, either that or fucking children keep DYING from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.