Importance, Jealousy and Humanism.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by moonman, Apr 15, 2003.

1. moonman Registered Senior Member

When I read certain threads concerning US and EU relations, I can't help but grimace at some opinons stated and laugh at others. eg 'Europe is just Jealous'

We are all humans, I am losing faith in humans, but I will stand steadfast with the principles that I value. We shouldn't be concentrating on how to make the 'others' look bad. We should be concentrating on make the world a better place. This means admitting our own shorcommings.
    I get frustrated when Americans claim their supremicy, and I'm not saying that any european country would be any better put in the same position. The power to destroy is not an admirable one, the power to drive a big car and hire personal servants is meaningless.
    What I realy want to say is.
    We are all humans, there is no us and them. There is only one us. Humans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heflores Banned Banned

Does that include all other races, like muslim arabs, africans, indians, chinease, ect...Or are you talking strictly to Americans and Europeans?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

All men are created equal. Not all nations.

France is better than Swaziland, the US is better than france.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. moonman Registered Senior Member

'Does that include all other races, like muslim arabs, africans, indians, chinease, ect...Or are you talking strictly to Americans and Europeans?'

I am inherently refering to members of the species Homo Sapiens. I don't know if there has been a new classification of Homo Sapiens Americanus and Homo Sapiens Europa.

'All men are created equal. Not all nations.

France is better than Swaziland, the US is better than france.'

What is your point? So you don't agree that we should work together? The world should bow down and kiss America's feet?
    Define 'better'.

I think many forget that the future lies not in America, the US's glory days are slowly fading their resorces are stretched to the limit, taxes are rising and income disparity is not improving, but countrys in Asia like China for example are quickly gaining momentum. 60% of the worlds population live in Asia. The 'World' if defined by a continent should be defined inherently form Asia in this respect, or perhaps Africa to whom we owe our very existence. On another point, the 3rd world countrys of Africa and South America(If they can overwin their US puppet governments) Are absolutely full of potential and some untapped natural resorces and human resources, they definately hold promise for the future.
    There isn't enough OIL to last forever.

8. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

I don't. I get annoyed when someone *doesn't* claim their supremacy. I would hope Canadians think of themselves the most important in the world. Likewise for Britains. Have some pride in who you are and what you stand for. Don't be so politically correct. It is disgusting.

So ... life is meaningless?

No. I don't consider "we" to include France, Germany, Syria, and all those morons (in general). When I talk of "we" or "us" I generally refer to the United States or Canada because I'm citizens there. I consider them my own people. Not some guy in some country that I don't know.

And most other countries. If I see a friend walking around that is very rich, very successful, and doing well, I *do* get jealous. But it does't make me take up arms against him. Instead, I work harder and try to out do him in friendly competition. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of countries in this world do not take that approach. They get jealous and jealousy leads to hatred, and hatred leads to the dark side...

Read his post at least six times and then tell me if he said that. Or even remotely implied that.

No, just respect us. We respect you if you respect us. See how we respect Israel and Britain and Australia? Because they respect us. If you respect us, you will be respected.

Don't FUCK with us. It makes Americans cranky and annoyed.

Wait let me guess, it lies ... um ... eh?

And France is an upcoming world power right? Much like their precious veto vote can do anything in the world and passing more resolutions will create world peace.

Taxes are rising? Where do you get your "facts" from? Bush is CUTTING taxes.

Income disparity? You mean taking from those that have and giving to those that have not? You like stealing from the rich to give to the poor?

Explain.

For most part, I fail to see what your point is. You're bitching about the U.S. being so powerful and because the U.S. is kind of doing what it want when it want without restraint.

9. heflores Banned Banned

Moonman, you are on the right track. Jump on my side of the fence.

Jerrek, you are this exact weed to human race that we need to eliminate to reach peace and harmony in our world.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

On the contrary, he's the sort of strong human being that we ought to hope will flourish.

moonman:
    Yet followed by some meaningless snipe against Americans.

And what, precisely, is wrong with national pride?

In your opinion, it is not. I think it is.

See above.

Which you, of course, prove by your inane attacks on America.

11. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Ah yes, killing for peace... Wonderful.

12. heflores Banned Banned

I didn't suggest killing you, just merely spraying you with some Weed B Gone.

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

The hypocrisy is awfully amusing, no? moonman facilitates universal brotherhood by stereotyping Americans and heflores facilitates peace by advocating murder.

14. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

You just proved that you can't even tolerate other's opinions. They must be made to ... disappear?

I'm sorry, but I don't think that way.

15. heflores Banned Banned

And don't forget, XEV plays her balance beam act like a pro.

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

But I don't. I'm not a good person and I don't try to pretend that I am.

Unlike you, I'm honest. I believe in freedom of speech, so I don't say that people who disagree with me should be sprayed with weedkiller. However, I believe that my society has an unhealthy attitude towards violence, so I say so.

Lack of hypocrisy is one of the most abhorrent sins to you, isn't it?

17. heflores Banned Banned

Oh no Xev,
    You're the last one I want to have beef with, I truly enjoy reading your posts...Don't put yourself in the same jar of tar with Jerrek. Plus if you have noticed, I only enjoy giving insults, I don't enjoy getting them...calling me generous or whatever..I like compliments.

I usually agree with Jerrek views, but I hate his attitude. You can say the same thing without the attitude and accomplish what you want. And from a person that travels a lot, I think Americans need to learn a thing or two about respecting their place within the human race if they want to continue being part of the human race. We don't have to all be vulger idiots that are always boasting our big sticks all the time.

Guess what happens to pompous people who care about noone when their gun falls....This is not the America I like, I like the America whoes image and reputation is as bright as a diamond.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2003
  18. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Bright as a diamond to whom? Saddam et al? Or Israel and Britain? I personally prefer the latter.

19. moonman Registered Senior Member

Ah I well, I see my lashes at America were quite unnecesary, and I appologise for the generalizations. It's kind of what I wanted to avoid but I guess my social predjudices got the better of me.

Jerrek-
    I don't care much for being 'politicaly' correct just correct according to my own principles, and I don't claim to be correct or right either that is for the post reader to decided for them selves. I believe vanity, pride and jealousy are dangerous emotions, because they cause differentiation and hate as you say. There are no 'healthy' versions of these.

*maybe you should learn more about countrys that you 'don't know' before making pointless judgements*

Maybe, I don't know, if it is I sure don't want to spend it hating people (i'm not saying you hate *europe* but i don't see that you like us either).

This is a very fair statement, but I don't see Bush respecting the opinions of the UN.

Read my post six times and tell me where I have insinuated that France will be a world power, or that I have ever actualy mentioned France in my own words.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The tax rising comment was based on the fact that they have been rising steadily ever since the Oil crisis in the early 70's. I believe the Tax cuts are only temporary. But I guess you could disregard my stament as it is quite pointless.
    Income disparity, you know very well what I mean with it.

I belive that it has been stated that we evolved and migrated form Africa.

Xev-
    I do not feel I have 'attacked' the USA in any way in my post, I admit the generalizations were unnecesary, but I don't consider deflation as in statments like 'Your not as good as you think' to be an attack.
    Don't forget that National Pride allowed the holcaust to occur, Please note that I'm not intentionaly insinuatuing in anyway towrads the US with this statement. I am stating it as a fact, National Pride can be a dangerous thing, such as any pride.

heflores-
    I want to tear down the fence.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. heflores Banned Banned

I'm not sure how you think exactly. Let me simplify.

Arab countries have all the oil reserve of the world

Israel have nothing and takes a lot of aid.

What is exactly wrong with sweet talking the arabs and becoming their friend so we can get their oil....? We kiss butt to much worse dictators and communists, why can't we improve our sand box skills with the arabs for a change.

21. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

I agree with Jerrek. Nations become great because they take action. Better to burn out than to fade away.

22. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

I've lived in six countries and speak five languages. Of course, I'm just another dumb, ignorant American.

I don't hate people. I just think Europeans, in general, are a bunch of idiots. They can't even protect themselves or maintain control on their own continent, and they get embarassed by the fact that 5-10 years ago they had a little dictator going on causing genocide in Europe. They constantly need the United States to protect them and to fix their problems, and then come with the "holier than thou" attitude that they are morally superior to Americans and should thus be allowed to judge Americans.

Meanwhile, their economies are wasting away even faster than the American economy and they are taxing the living crap out of people to give to immigrants and lazy people, and they they ask "so how come the USA has a greater GDP per capita?"

Blah.

I don't see the U.N. respecting the U.S.

You implied that the U.S. is going down. I contrasted your belief with something just as plausable.

Really? REALLY? lol. Did you know that the federal income tax is now lower than in the 70s? TSK. Read up before you talk.

I believe that is a theory and not fact.

Ignorance is Blix.

And when did the national pride of Americans cause a holocaust to happen?

Perhaps, but I think it is sickening not to have national pride.

23. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

This thread going sour more rapidly than milk. Probably, i am not helping to rectify it, but let it be.

My personal idealistic view is that we are one species, we share one planet, and we therefore desperately need to overcome our regional or national boundaries.

On the other hand, reality shows us that nationalistic feelings are quite hard to get rid off. Well, let it be our nature and let it work in our advantage. On that point i agree with Jerrek; friendly competition. E.g., if "we" Europeans are at least envious of US's economic success, let's try to outperform them. If "we" find their way offending and crude, let "us" try to give them a better example.

Just bashing US policies en masse is too easy, let's try to get our act together and give them a good run for their money. See where we end up.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2003