Europe is no Longer Important

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Clockwood, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

My personal theory to why much of Europe is being a roadblock (or more accuratly: speedbump) to any American efforts to do anything is that they are afraid to accept they have lost their prowess and control of the world. Once they were supreme rulers of the earth and their only fears were other european nations. When they lost their colonies they lost their economic and thus military superiority. It is like how a man who lost a job (and all its power with it) might beat his wife to make himself feel big.

Other regions hold monopolies on various products and that gives them power. Many tropical third world countries hold monopolies on various agricultural products that grow in few other places. The middle east controls most of the world's oil. Various China, Taiwan, Japan, and other countries in that area manufacture goods at a supremely low price. The US, Japan, & a handful of other place produce much of the worlds new technology and software. What does europe hold a monopoly in? Nothing.

Despite not holding any cards many european countries refuse to accept they are no longer the center of the universe. They use old political and social constructs made during their better days to try to assert control over their world. They see America as a threat to their pride and so they swarm and peck at us the way a bunch of small birds will hound a hawk. The fall of Mount Everest would make all the other mountains seem to be bigger.

To be a thorn in America's side makes them feel important.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heflores Banned Banned

Noone cared about Europe two thousand years ago. I'm sure the world won't notice their disappearance today either.

Same goes for the US.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Actually rome cared quite a bit about Europe 2000 years ago. Rome left a legacy that is still eviden everywhere you go in the old world. Hopefully we will have a legacy a thousand times as great.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. heflores Banned Banned

Man, I should have said 3000 years ago, or 1500 years ago after their fall. Also, Rome did nothing during it's stay but gather middle east goods to send to Rome. I guess the US is planning on doing the same thing, sucking the world out of resources and goods and shipping it straight to US.

Don't wish for Rome's legacy, you'll get their fall and internal turmoil as well.

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And influence art/archetecture, increase living conditions to their conquered provinces, make scientific advancement, create a system of aquaducts and roads that are still being used, and the like.

A reason for everyone to pray for our survival.

YOU ARE HEREBY BANNED FROM USING ANY WORDS WITH A LATIN ORIGIN

9. heflores Banned Banned

slow down a bit. Am I the one starting the Europe no longer important thread or what? Do you suffer from short memory loss syndrome? Your are the one starting a thread attesting that Europe is nothing and no longer needed, so I return your advice to you and suggest that you no longer use Latin.....

now, stop making a dumb ass of yourself and think before you start threads.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

They had it and lost it, more than once. A few aquaducts and tourist attractions are fine, but thats ALL they have. There is a place for them but they act as if their role is much bigger than it really is.

Their legacy: They inadvertantly created us. Maybe they will reach another peak at a later date but now they are little greater in importance than nicaragua.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Who left Clockwood in rant mode, whats your point anyway?

have you ever stopped to the think, that Europa dont want to control the world, but dont like the way the US Empire is doing "buisness".

uuuh you have big gun, my scared now, military dont impress me much, althou i like big Explosions

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

actualy to me you post sound more like someone trying to reasure him self of his "power" and "position"

12. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

this thread alone shows that Europa still holds some power over you, why else would you need to bash them

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Quotes originally posted by Kunax

Actually its because Im hoping to change the minds of afew Anti-american fanatics. Being patriotic, just doing my part.

14. Prisme Speak of Ideas, not of things Registered Senior Member

what?

Europe is opposing the unilateral approach of the U.S.

Europe never had a unilateral possession of power, it was always devided between themselves in a power struggle.

Europe was important 2000 years ago and pretty much still is to my recall:

Here is a brief history course of Europes importance which you seem to have missed:

Greek Philosophy
    Roman Empire
    Charlemagne
    Medieval Epoch
    Vantican in Italy
    The renaissance
    French revolution (which then later helped yours in the US)
    Napoleonic Empire
    The Empire of England (The kingdom to which the sun never sets)
    Colonialisation of the New world, Africa and middle east.
    Agricultural revolution in England
    WW 1 and WW 2
    Cold war with Russia
    United-Nations (which your king still supports)

Newton, Einstein, Copernic, Micheallangelo, Louis Pasteur, Wittgenstein, Russell, Mongolfière brothers, first parachute, Rolls Royce, Mercedes, Ferrari.

So please stop insulting our intelligence by believing that the importance of the u.s. somehow predates europe.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

another Europe bashing thread because americans are ashame of their small d****?
    in that case...

<center>HAIL EUROPE!
    Vive la Démocratie!

WE WILL KILL YOU PRIMITIVE YANKEE SOBS! </center>

like it?

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I bash mosquitoes but they dont have much sway otherwise.(other than perhaps vacation locals) Sadly too many more major governments listen to the buzz as if the insects knew what they were talking about.

Europa? The icy moon of Jupiter?

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Avatar. A good example of what I am talking about. Its just one Europe bashing thread among a hundred America bashing threads.

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

of course, but you derserve them

19. heflores Banned Banned

I have nothing againest Europe, but..

The world can surely survive and make better things without
    ---Greek Philosophy....who care.
    ---Roman Empire...imperialist who enslaved the worlds and stole resources
    ------Charlemagne...I don't know what it means, so it must be not important.
    ------Medieval Epoch...who gives a shit...I'm not impacted or care the least for that...
    -------Vantican in Italy.....Noone cares about these things but europeans.
    ----The renaissance----same as above...good fun and culture for europeans, the rest of the world can give a hoot.
    -----French revolution----We're sorry you had trouble.
    Napoleonic Empire---following up on tradition, another imperialist who enslaved the world and stole resources.
    --------The Empire of England (The kingdom to which the sun never sets)....the biggest imperialists....the whole world hated theri guts, they created so many bounday problems that we are still suffering from today.
    Colonialisation of the New world, Africa and middle east.
    Agricultural revolution in England
    WW 1 and WW 2--------Please, Europe created that problem.
    Cold war with Russia-----Please

So I see, you like to bake the cake and eat it too. Please note that problems that Europe started should not be used as credit for Europe history. Fighting or fixing these problems are not credits either.....I must say, the world could have cared less if Europe didn't exist.

20. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And I believe Europe deserves this one. (and many more)

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

why, Clockwood

22. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

As a counter to those sent America's way. As a pointed finger at those who help our enemies. As a middle finger to those who call us evil bastards but support those a thousand times worse. Because our enemy is whoever would dance on our grave and quite a few have begun dancing early. By being just as bad a set of hippocrits as they accuse us of being.

23. heflores Banned Banned

Just wondering

So hypothetically, if France and Germany gets in trouble like WWII kindda trouble....Would US runs for the rescue like we did back in the day....