It's Over

Discussion in 'World Events' started by SuperFudd, Apr 14, 2003.

1. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

All military resistance to the liberation of Iraq is over, and in 25 days! US combat loses, 89. Not bad as wars go, or even holiday weekend traffic deaths.
    Yea, I know, snipers and such will kill more but that is another story. The point is , ALL of Iraq was liberated in 25 days!
    NEXT!

I expect there is a whole lot of people on this forum in deep denial. It is now your turn. Flail away.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

We did it pretty fast :m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. heflores Banned Banned

Americans have a saying that goes like:

"Easy come...Easy go":m:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

You think there's people in this forum who thought U.S. could not win this easily and this fast? The debates on on this forum concerned the justification for war and the consequences of war. -- not whether or not U.S. could win.

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Actually earlier on I heard way too many people say it would drag out into a vietnam like war. Also things like that we would cause deaths in the millions or the like.

9. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Yeah it’s pretty easy to take over when you don’t have to contain the looters, rapists & murderers.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Heck, we get those every time we have martygraw. And please tell me: what war turned out more successful but with fewer casualties? (on both sides)

11. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Perhaps this war had the fewest casualties per capita. But I can’t label it a success unless the casualty count was worth the outcome, and I doubt it will be. Ten years from the now I think the average Iraqi will be just as poor as dirt, almost as oppressed, still no voting rights, and some will be minus their loved ones who were killed. Others will be servants to those who were lucky enough to snag an ancient artifact during the looting, or trying to raise their child born of rape on the $40 a month American wages.

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And I believe you are wrong. I believe in ten years Iraqi civilians will be at least as well off as Italian or Mexican citizens and still be improving.

I may not be able to prove my hypothesis, but can you prove yours?

13. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I hope you are right. Signs point to the opposite, however. For example this:

Right there you know that Iraq will surely remain an oppressive dictatorship, because the “Iraqis themselves” do not have a voice, a vote, nor are there any plans to give them one so they can have a “final say.” It is not the average Iraqi who will have the say, but warlords. They aren’t known to give up their fortunes for democracy.

Other signs like this:

Think any women were allowed in that meeting?

And this:

Yep, things are looking up in Iraq all right! Keep in mind that the US could establish democracy, could ensure women’s rights, could have prevented the raping & pillaging, could pay more than subsistence wages, and could alleviate losses, like for the kid whose arms were blown off. They just won’t or didn’t.

14. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Clockwood

"I believe that in 10 years the Iraqi citizens will be as well off as Italian or Mexican citizens."

There is no way you can put Italy and Mexico in the same social or economic catagory.

Hell the Mexicans are flocking across our border by the thousands per day. Will the Iraqi's be doing that in ten years when they are well off enough?