What Did Rumsfeld Not Know, And When Did He Not Know It?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by goofyfish, Apr 14, 2003.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

The first high-ranking Iraqi official to give himself up to U.S. forces is General Amir al-Saada, top science advisor to Saddam Hussein. Here’s what he said about the chemical and biological weapons which Mr. Bush invaded Iraq to destroy:
    General al-Saada surrendered after learning that he was 34th on Mr. Bush’s list of 55 government officials slated to be prosecuted for war crimes. If he knows of chemical and biological weapons stockpiles, wouldn’t he be using that knowledge as a bargaining chip? And if the general doesn’t know, who does?

We may be about to learn what Rumsfeld was hinting at when he maundered on last month about “unknown unknowns.”

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heflores Banned Banned

What is the use of arguing US plans with the middle east anymore, It seems that the plan is already drafted and being executed systematically. From invasions to arrests to appointments of new governments. Nothing can really stop it, no matter how strong are the justifications, the only hope is that the plan was not good to start with and will eventually let itself down.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

can i ask something

does anyone feel that these people will get fair trials????????

i mean so far no one from afgainistan has, actully they skiped the trial and went straight to life without the possability

who thinks they will let the ICC do there job??????????

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. heflores Banned Banned

Are you kidding? Imajine this. A football player who is running full speed toward the touchdown.....He's kindda big and fat too...

Do you expect him to stop and start taking congratulations before he gets to his destination? US seems determined to proof it's preconcieved ideas....WMD, AlQaeda is evil, the acess of evil is actually evil, Iraq ties to AlQaeda, Saddam and his regime are the root cause of problem, ect, ect...US already know how to proof the above statements true without even investigating or finding the truth or proofs.......US is literally making history...one that never existed.

8. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

How would you know?
    Let's wait and see.

9. heflores Banned Banned

yeah....tell the deer stuck in the headlight to wait and see.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

There are two types of Americans it seems. Those who think Padilla is an “enemy combatant” (or would if they were informed) and those who know he’s a suspect held unconstitutionally. SuperFudd seems to be in the former camp. Al-Saada should not have surrendered if he could have escaped. The chance he’ll get a fair trial is nil.

The US is fast approaching a totalitarian state. Maybe sciforums will be illegal by the time Jeb Bush leaves office. I can’t even check out books at the library anymore, since the FBI now tracks my choices (and if Padilla—an American—can be jailed indefinitely without access to counsel let alone a trial, then it is not paranoid to think you or I might be jailed indefinitely for checking out a book about terrorism).

11. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And most anti-bush fanatics are running at full blast to prove their preconcieved ideas.