Outrageous political acts

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by revbill2001, Apr 13, 2003.

1. revbill2001 Registered Senior Member

What do you think is the most outrageous act or law that your country is guilty of? Try to limit your answer to just one. Personally I think that sticking our noses into everyone elses business around the world ranks a close second to instituting an income tax to finance the first world war and not only not repealing it but raising it every year. We seem to be writing hundreds of new tax laws every year because politicians keep giving themselves loopholes to slip through, but smart tax attorneys keep finding them so the laws have to be changed constantly so that the general public won't realize that the same rich people keep getting richer while the rest of us get screwed. It reminds me of a Jerry Reed song titled "She got the goldmine and I got the shaft."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Canute Registered Senior Member

I'll avoid the obvious one.

IMO ignoring the problem of overpopulation is among the worst of current political insanities, since we are making our own life a misery and over-exploiting (destroying if you like) the world as a result. Most of our other problems come from this, including the need for very expensive government and the ridiculous rat race that is the competition for dwindling resources.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

My country; definetly rampant corruption...it's amazing- every child, adult human being knows that corruption exists...hell it's even observant and a lot of the politcians admit it too that corruption exists yet nobody does nothing. It's truly fascinating how it's a screaming monster in the middle of the street but everybody walks by like nothing is there. The police it's the worst- they might as well have a "For Sale" sign on them since the police literally does anything for anybody as long as they give them enough money. So the poor in my country get really poor and the rich keep getting ridiciously richer. It's amazing my country has really, really hard working people and so much potential to rival the US, but over burdening corruption and lack of civil character keeps it from even making a spark in the world....oh well here's to wishful thinking.....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

In the UK there's a law that allows you to kill a Welshman in the grounds of a certain Cathedral (can't remember which) as long as it's done with a bow and arrow...

...now I need some bait, anyone know where I can get some sheep?

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Oh, also, contrary to popular belief, in the UK there is no such thing as trespassing. If a sign says 'Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted' they cannot. They are in fact liable for your safety and if you break your leg or something on someone elses land you can claim compensation and the landowner can get charged for negligence.