Holidays...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 13, 2003.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I will soon be in holidays...

...Three months of holidays...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh my... what do I do in 3 months...?

Well... I won't be here very much this week. I'll be traveling back home and I will try to rest a little bit. Then, when I get really relaxed I might answer posts again as normal... So if I stop answering someone's posts, don't take it personally...

I'm still trying to figure out what I can do in three months... any suggestions?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

My suggestion is to not plan ahead. If anything, that'll screw your vacation up more than an earthquake.

Instead, do things as they come. I would also recommend being a bit impulsive and daring in deciding what you want to do. If you get an opportunity, then jump on it. There's no telling what you might find around the next corner - maybe even your future.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I have three months of holidays coming up too.

I intend to work a lil and chill alot

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Ignore the constraints

Mentally discard all the constraints that limit your practical choices. Excuses like "I could never do that," "They wouldn't let me in," "It costs too much," "There isn't enough time," "I might not be able to get back," "I'm not very good at that, I wouldn't be successful," "My parents, teachers, friends, government, whatever, wouldn't let me go there/try that," "I wouldn't know how to get started," toss them all away. Let your imagination run rampant. What would you really like to do if there was nothing to stop you?

Once you've got a couple of attractive dreams, then figure out how close you can get in real life. Maybe you can do it after all!

8. orange Registered Senior Member

I'm working 75% this summer with 2 weeks off, which I'll be spending in Crete, Greece and Roskilde, Denmark. Nothing beats a great trip! And I totally agree with you Elbaz, planning too much ruins the charm of getting lost.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well... I really don't want to travel since I won't see my family much more after the three months. I'm coming back home for holidays. I don't even think I can call it home anymore, in some sense...

So I prefer to stay there.

And usually when I travel, I don't plan nothing at all anyways... I prefer that way too...

The only problem with that is that once my dad and I went to Viena in Austria, and there was only 1 hotel that had a place for us. I f there was none... I guess we would have to sleep in the airport or something...

10. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Don't follow a schedule. What you would do on a vacation depends on where you are going... I would just relax, go to the odd bar and try skydiving

I would have already, but I have to be 18 to go

well... just take everything as it comes and be spontanious in your decisions