More Cool Graphics

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Success_Machine, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Success_Machine Impossible? I can do that Registered Senior Member

It's starting to take shape now, using proven aircraft designs from the past 40 years (D-21 drone, and Boeing 747). Most of the unproven stuff is still theoretically sound. And the graphics look more realistic than before too....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The Cube

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Seems rather ambitious don't you think?. It's possible, no doubt but 10 years?? i'd give it more time then that to fulfill all their promises they make there. Plus, why does it look so ugly. I mean you would think that if they are going to construct something of that magnitude and purpose then why not take in design into consideration also. It looks rather ugly.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Success_Machine Impossible? I can do that Registered Senior Member

That depends.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Success_Machine Impossible? I can do that Registered Senior Member

What's ugly? Form and function are often traded off against each other. With a skyhook the only parts that are most often visible are the Boeing 747 and the remote-piloted Drone at the tether extremity. Everything else is in orbit, far away where no one can see without a telescope. Actually I'd trade the space shuttle for a 747 and the D-21 Drone anyday just based on appearance.

You know most spacecraft are ugly.... Voyager II for example, or the International Space Station... gawd awful ugly!!!