I don't believe in friendship...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by fredx, Apr 11, 2003.

1. fredx Banned Banned

except one that is totally disinterested in say the way most people on this web site would be considered friends with each other in the way they give and take ideas.

I think friendship in most real life relationships is highly overrated but many of you are young and naive and are not going to agree with me.

Just wait to you become a man or a woman, you will know what I mean.

Right now I am looking for a mate, not a friend that is a girl or a group of guy buddies.

Throughout my life, I was never really close to my guy friends. When we got together in a group of three, it was always the other two that really clicked and kind of left me out. I guess I am the only non-"homosexual" I ever knew.

Anyway, it seems my recent guy friends just tried to use me to help them pick up the ladies because I am good with the ladies or they wanted to get the "leftovers."

Guys and Girls that are "just friends"= guy has no integrity.

Trust me, folks, you all are disillusioned and brainwashed like I used to be. And keep in mind I don't have a cynical bone in my body nor am I overly skeptical. Friendship=load of crap=brainwashing to keep you in a cycle of master/slave relationships.

Nor have I been hurt bad, I am just a normal, loving, free-spirited individual.

If you really want good friendships in your life worry about it after you have found your soul-mate. Find friendships with other couples that you have things in common with.

If you are a guy and have a girl and still hang out with other single guys, look out, they are after your girl, don't be stupid.

Okay, I made my point.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2003
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

OMG...finally somebody understands what i have been telling people all along. They all laugh at me when i tell me friendship isn't all it's cracked up to be. Thank you...that was very refreshing.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Dude you have no idea how much truth you have put there. Some of the things you said really clicked with me. I have noticed a lot of things that you mentioned there happen in my life. You are right; guy friendships have no intregity, that's not to say all friendships are like that but i will agree with you that ion general i have noticed that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Just because you have a girl, and know guys you have fun with (friends) does not mean they are after your girl.

Can girls have other friends, or are only guys not allowed to? Guys have friends for a whole multitude of reasons which have nothing to do with women. Do you think married/retired people don't have friends?

8. fredx Banned Banned

ok more truth from the mouth of god...

ok maybe not god but a guy that does alot of writing and thinking about these things.
    Here are the instances were people are going to disagree with my post:

1. The won't deal with the truth.
    2. They live in a fairy tale land.
    3. They won't be honest with themselves.
    4. They won't put an end to their "fake, trendy, superficial" mindgames and methods of psychological warfare, to be a good person and get on with their lives.

9. WasiGermany Banned Banned

friendship is really important (for me) !
    i think life would be much harder without my friends ...
    you don´t need a lot of them ,but you need good ones !
    you need friends to calm you down when you are upset ,you need sometimes their help ,and so on.......
    well ,if you can live without them ---why not
    but (real) friends are an enrichment for (my) life

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

You see you don't realize how lucky you are to have friends like that, real friends. Many people don't ever even achieve that feat in their lives. I am glad you have real friends but i don't see such a dire need for them at all. Would i like to have one like you described? yes, am i searching for one? you can't , they just seem to come in to your lives and i am still waiting...*stares at god*...hmphhh

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. fredx Banned Banned

Persol, also...

If there is any benefit to guy-guy/girl-girl relationships is that they are some how like a connection to a prospective mate, whether you meet your mate directly through your friend or you meet him/her somewhere down the line. It is scary, but the world is more loving than it at first seems. It wants everyone to mate. This is quite an "invisible" process. Listen to the song "Naked Eye" by Luscious Jackson, it is about this.

The purpose of life is to find a mate, breed and then somehow maintain that life that you have spawned. All other things are just luxuries. The people on this web site by and large don't think outside the box, so they can do nothing but deny their animal or bestial nature.

Seargentland:
    I think that what you are getting at is that love comes and goes.

12. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Re: Persol, also...

That is undoubtably a part of my life, but that doesn't exactly take 16 hours a day.

Having friends has nothing to do with finding chicks (atleast for me).

13. WasiGermany Banned Banned

Re: Persol, also...

i deceide how my life will be ,not your "purpose of life"

breed---no thanks
    it seems you can´t speak for all
    think about life what you want to think ,but you can´t speak about the purpose of life ,we are no animals ! (yes ,biologically we are ,but you know what i mean)

14. Nightpoet Registered Senior Member

So if you odn't have a significant other, what do you do if you want to talk to someone or go do something? There's always hanging out alone, but a person can only take so much of that. And what about venting? Seriously dude, what do you do all day long?

15. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I don't believe in Cum shots

....but you don't see me complaining about it, what are friendships anyway? Minor aquantinces? People you see more then the general public? Someone you can feel comfortable around? Sure, the word friendship is just a word, and whatever definition you apply to it is your definition, and you can define any word to your liking, to be able to denounce it as a falsehood.

So what, you have never had a girlfriend? whats wrong with you? male chovenist pig, you need a clue in more aspects then one, do you find women to be on a level not deserving of your friendship, or do you just see women as sexual playthings? you know what i think the point of this post is?

I think you had a guy friend, and he stole your girlfriend. The only reason your out here denouncing friendship is, you've been skrewed over by a friend. God, get over it, don't thinly viel your BS like this, get a clue, get another girl, their only playthings to you right? wait no, that shows emotion on your part, you must be a highly emotional person, who doesnt click with people in person, so you seek sympathy in the hands on anonymous strangers, your pathetic, go to a psychaitrist, and get some professional help you poor speciman

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

fredx:
    Nice stereotyping. Of course, I regard you as too old and senile to appreciate friendship.

Good luck. With your attitude, this should happen sometime shortly after the last black hole evaporates.

Why is that? Simply because you cannot connect with women on an intellectual level. This doesn't mean that other men can't.

Perhaps my friend wants to fuck me - so what then? Most men do (no, I'm not being arrogant - most men will fuck any willing, semi-attractive woman). So what? Does a man's ability to feel loyalty or affection go out the proverbial window because he is a man?

I'll do nearly anything for my friend - is this fact diluted by my willingness to do nearly anything for my lover?

Only the depleted would think that passion is depleted.

On the contrary, friendship can be a welcome refuge from those pesky master/slave relationships. Love isn't the idol you pedants would make it out to be.

Not that I believe that you are, for one second, able to feel love. Women are brainless, walking vaginas, yes?

No wonder you cannot feel friendship.

Can you even feel? You who attack passion are usually those most envious of the ability to feel it.

I wonder if I should bother pitying you.

Fafnir:

Nice post.

The friend is the ally and the enemy. Our friend is the one whom we can confide anything to without fear of judgement, and our friend is the one who will always push us to be better than what we are.

Nietzsche, as usual, said it best:

"In one's friend one shall have one's best enemy. Thou shalt be closest unto him with thy heart when thou withstandest him."
    --Nietzsche

17. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I have friends, and I hate them all.

I do have friends, and I do hate em all. Im serious to. It's very true that your friends pick you, you don't pick them. I can stand them, they are very tolerable, and I enjoy the company. But beyond that... I just don't see a point to it. Im a loner by nature, I refuse to join a frat, go out sometimes on saturdays because of large groups. I just don't really see a point to it sometimes. Seriously.

18. fredx Banned Banned

thanks Xev...

Xev said:
    "In one's friend one shall have one's best enemy. Thou shalt be closest unto him with thy heart when thou withstandest him."
    --Nietzsche

Thats the whole point of what I am trying to say.
    Love is a war so it follows a friend is an enemy, especially in that he/she probably has themselves in mind most of the times when they do or say things. I bet you that the only time people on this post are selfless is when they are posting, that is their outlet for selflessness, as for their life its me, me, me.

Why do you think all you woman are such big fans of the imbecilic Ayn Rand and her "foolosophy" of selfishness. Read Hannah Arendt instead and do yourself a service. Ayn Rand said the most telling thing in the autobiographical movie about her, "I haven't changed my mind about anything since I was born."

And no I don't hate woman, I just don't suffer those not on the same plain as me. As for my past girlfriends, they are all people I considered to have intergrity.

Counsellor coffee: us loner types are a superior breed, modern frat house (as oppossed to the noble things they were years ago) =place for the herd to be so they don't accidently hurt anyone of value in society.

19. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Re: thanks Xev...

sorry, common misconception, us loner types are just another flavor of humanity, not superior, no one personality is superior, thats why each still exists in our world today, any inferior personality type would have been filtered out except in rare occurances, and not be main stream, anyways, the only true loners are the people living in the shacks out in the middle of the woods, surviving off of trout and grass roots. While this is some old-sschool darwanism, its also a denoucation of it, both on my part, and with you just displaying one half. but im probably just taking things more seriously then you, why else would have my post been completly ignored?

20. Xev Registered Senior Member

fredx:
    First prove that love is a war.

I never claimed that my friendship was selfless. No emotion is.

I have not read any of Rand past the sixth or so chapter of "The Fountainhead". Objectivism is hyper-capitalism with a tinge of common sense masquerading as philosophy.

*Laughs* You're implying that there's a major theorist of power that I haven't read? There are probably about three or four topics here that I started about Arendt.

One of my first philosophy books was "The Origens of Totalitarianism". Since then I've read most of Hannah's work.

I've noticed that your reading of Arendt is confined quoting a few of her most famous works. What did you do, type "Hannah Arendt philosophy truth danger" into google?

Pseudo-intellectual blowhard.

This has relevence to what, again?

Nobody said you did.
    Reading comprehension and you are strangers, eh?

I'm sure you're very kind to your intellectual inferiours.

Where do you find them, the local group home for the profoundly retarded?

*Edit*

Fafnir:
    You know, I still don't know if this is true or not. I used to console myself during adolescence by saying that I was a superiour person. If boys avoided me because I was reading Hegel, well, they weren't worthy of my affection, and if girls ignored me because I was desperately "in love" with my physics teacher when they were going for the captain of the football team, well, I was just the only one smart enough to understand what my teacher said.

Now I've come to realize that I'm simply different. Hyper-intellectual, suprasensual, and I may well burn at a higher temperature. But this doesn't make me superiour.

Oh, maybe no ONE personality is superiour, but I do believe that there are superiour people and that a superiour person would be more likely to be a loner.

21. fredx Banned Banned

Actually...

I studied under a professor that studied under her for quite a bit of time.

I currently own eight books by her most of which I have read a good deal or all of and I used to own Origins... (one of the few books of that size I actually completed) and For Love of the world her biography writing by Elisabeth Brughel.

I also have read an article by her on philosophy and politics which I consider to be the most important thing ever written.

Also, I found this forum searching for information by Hannah Arendt for my own personal knowledge, in fact the search engine brought me to one of your hannah arendt posts.

22. fredx Banned Banned

to get back on topic...

why did most of the woman that responded here get so crazy about what I said? If I am just a lunatic than why would you get bothered so much? I think it is because I said things that woman for some reason or another don't want to be said. Maybe they think if these things are known by men it will take things away from being in their favor or maybe they just don't want to change the game? I guess I am the revolutionary of love.

Xev: Nietzsche didn't come up with "god is dead", everybody did, he was just the first one with the balls to express it. The world changed, god died. Well the world is changing now and I am its revolutionary prophet. So there, I don't care if you like my ideas, the world is already evolving

in that direction.

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

fredx:
    *Grins*
    Uh oh, please tell me you didn't find the one about totalitarianism and sex?

What can I say, I'd just found Foucault and had gone a bit crazy. He tied in well with some of my personal theories about transgression and power, and I think I was trying to relate the structures of social control to damned near everything.

*Laughs*

Oh, it's not a matter of liking or disliking your ideas. I myself think that your views on love and friendship are hopelessly conservative - it's been my experience that most men see sex as a game and women simply as "pieces".

I mean you're not the first man to assume that I'm your intellectual inferiour 'cause I'm female, and you're definitely not the first I've deliberately humiliated by displaying my intellect.

You are, however, one of the most fun - at least online. There's no substitute for that "crushed" look you fools get on your faces when you realize that you've been made a fool of. You just can't get that online.