Where are they now?????

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sargentlard, Apr 11, 2003.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I was sitting in the bus today and the man next to me was reading "The Daily News" ( a New York newspaper). He was reading the Editorials and i happen to come upon a very interesting question asked by one of the readers in the editorials. I will try to put down the question as best as i can remeber;

"While i was watching Saddamn Hussein's statue fall in Baghdad yesterday the first thing that crossed my mind was Where are all the anti war protesters now?"

A interesting question indeed, any thoughts you guys might have on the question????? or possible answers?????

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

Probably seething in silence and feeling as impotent as the elite republican guard.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I guess they never imagined the happiness Iraquy citizens would get out of them being libreated from a heartless dictator but i wonder what's next for these people, obviously democracy will replace their old Government but i fear that may also come under fire and becaome another dictatorship though it seems unlikely now since US will have tight watch on Iraq from hereafter.....but you never know.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

They are also sitting on the bus waiting for saddam to blow the hell out of the american army.

8. RIP Rot In Peace Registered Senior Member

The whole thing seemed a little fishy to me, when i saw it on the news last night, at Satan's house. *grins* anyway, I was watching all of these people and i think that the whole thing is a hoax. Those people were paid to do it. I may be wrong, but it just seemed weird. Too....happy and planned out.

As for where they are i agree with ben.

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

AS far as we are concerned there are 3 types of Iraqis: pro-saddam, anti-saddam, neutral/undecided. Only the first 2 would go outside and realy demonstrate (although the 3rd group may join in for the 'fun'). Obviously saddam's supporters will not be waving flags of him around with tons of US tanks sitting there. That only leaves 1 group visible. This doesn't mean that they are the majority.

Now if I had to guess I would say most will support the fall of Saddam, but this isn't evidence of that.

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Agreed

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...that's why i agree with RIP, it seems fishy to me too. It just seems to easy and the media has a tendency to blow things out of porportion way ahead of time.

11. spookz Banned Banned

look for us next weekend in dc. we is gonna tear the house down

12. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Personally im waiting untill a few months from now when iraq has collapsed into civil war or they have a new oppressive dictator, but we're too busy invading Syria to care.