list of emotions

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Allahs_Mathematics, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Who wants to help me out here ?
    I wanna make me a little analysis of emotions , but i need to know all the emotions existing first . So can y'all fill on ?

1)hate
    2)love
    3)fear
    4)joy
    5)pain
    6)uhm.....

add on if u wanna , Ill post the analysis .

peace

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

is pain really an emotion?

what about envy, jealosy?
    in japan there is some concept of an emotion that is a mix between the two. I don't know how to explain it.

happy, distressed, calm

how are you going to tell when you have the full list? just based on your judgement? i'd like to know on what basis you will be able to tell what is an emotion and what doesn't count as one.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oleander Somniferum Registered Member

Maybe you should concentrate just on basic emotions, all other emotions are just mixures made of them.

Actually some of the emotions are not really real, take jelaousy, it's not real "self-existing" emotion.It's just fear of lost, or lack of self confidence.

I want to say that sometimes people are not fully aware of what exactly they feel, so maybe you should demask emotions first

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

indifference
    bullishness
    tranquility
    loneliness
    loveliness
    hostility
    apathy
    rage
    sensitivity
    horror
    placidity

8. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Emotions are beyond rational comprehension. We can apply labels to the (happy, sad, weathered, estranged, apathetic, etc.) but these labels never really describe the emotion too well.

Think about the different times you were sad, do you think you felt exactly the same each time? Probably not. I feel that emotions are like snowflakes, no two feelings are the same. Some may fall into some of the categories we present, but there is no fine, clear-cut lines between categories.

9. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

What about relating emotions to body system?

Here is the list...
    1) Relaxing emotions (I heard that smiling employs less facial muscles than sad-looking one....)
    2) Severe heart pumper plus old-factor (anger fits this.....)
    3) Adrenaline rush

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4) .......

10. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Xenu
    thats realy cool

emotions are not neurological stimulation like pain

maybe a definition of what is perceived as emotions differentiating from neurological response

groove on

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

Anguish, suffering, dread, misery, existential angst. Like fuck pain isn't an emotion.

Xenu:
    Why do you think that is?
    An emotion, it seems, is the result of a certain neurotransmitter affecting a certain region of the brain. Is it simply that the brain is so complex that we cannot accurately define this activity?

The mechanics of thought and emotion is so poorly understood.

I disagree with "beyond rational comprehension" though. Maybe now they are difficult, but this does not mean they will always be immune to rationality.

12. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

damn! i had a reall long thoughtful reply but at the end i put some alt symbols to represent a point and when i hit alt my letter went *poof* rite into the void! i may type another... or not