Quel est le point?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Niudo, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Tell me what the point is. What are the chances of me ever amounting to anything?

Slim. Very slim. So what is the point?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

Il y a un point.

without a goal, or soething to want for, what is the point in waking up in the morning. what is the motivation? everyone needs something to look forward to, even if they know that that something is unreachable for them.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

The only thing I have to look forward to is death. Finally resting. Not having to get up and force myself to breathe anymore.

I've given up dreaming. The only thing you get as a result is the ruins of your foolish hope: raped and murdered.

Why look forward to anything? It will come and it will pass. Or it won't come at all.

Life slips through your fingers like the wind. You cannot hold onto it or preserve it. So why try?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

you're right you have nothing to look forward to...so die already and stop wasting space. Give up already, yeah i guess people who are dying everyday for real because they get nothing to eat have areal reson to get up in the morning; just to feel pain again. People who have no families or a home, yeah they get up just to feel the lonliness again. So i see you have also got it so bad because you are not confident of your abilities and you look forward to death.....so die already...less weaklings on the planet.

8. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Pain'd be nice. Pain, terrible and insufferable. Blood. Everywhere. Mingling with excitement, twisted thoughts: this is it. Finally, it can end.

Disappointment when all that results is ER.

But there is hope. Hope that this time, this time it will work- this time it must.

Knives. So glittery and shining, so harmless seeming. But even the slightest touch sends blood rushing forth. It stops before long. Either it stops, or you stop noticing.

Peace. That's all I ask for. Peace.

But nothing comes.

You don't understand, sargentlard. I'm trying to die. Any suggestions for speeding the process?

9. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

And one more thing- guilt doesn't work on dead people.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I've got a few things I have to take care of before death--publishing a book or two, attempt at ruling the world, passing on my genes to a few kids, ensuring that THEY pass my genes on, seeing a Jovian planetset, and then I'll be done. I do know that I will accomplish at least one of the things on that list of goals for my life. If I get all of them done, then hopefully I'll have time to grin before I die.

But if you disagree, see my quote

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Publishing something... was that honestly my dream once?
    Yes... it was. But some things are not to be. Some things stop mattering...

Yes, you have things to do in life. Many do.

And then they are done, and you die. That is the course of life.

Some courses are shorter than others. Those courses are best.

12. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Fear.

Fear rules the world.

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Sooner or later I'll get a reply from a magazine. When they accept or do not accept what I sent to them, I'm going to make writing a full time job for myself. Sooner or later, I'm going to be published.

14. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Well your here now so you might as well use the time you've got. Like someone said, 'it's better than nothing', which it is. Even if you feel miserable, at least your feeling something (though I know it doesn't feel it at the time).

15. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Better than nothing? Nothing, mon ami, is better than nothing. Oblivion, darkness, death. Nothing is better than that.

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

You're not depressed, you're just bored and obviously attention starved. Stop acting like a french art house film and get on with life...there are a lot worse things that can happen to you...so stop bitching and focus on more imporatnt things in life; such as making your life worthwhile.

17. fredx Banned Banned

ok...

seargentland...I know you have a tough militaristic attitude about life and I know you feel it is important to tough things out and be a real man and stop whining, but if that is the only way you ever think than you are just as guilty of being ignorant as the rest of us. Sure I see the value of being disciplined, strong-minded and always pushing through no matter what the opposition, but sometimes you have to at least stop and think about things and maybe even go a little easier on yourself and others. With your way of being maybe it will be you that breaks down and then you are going to expect people here to have compassion for you. Perhaps because of your past behavior it won't happen. If anything however, I know that your attitude definitely takes it toll on your personal happiness.

Maybe you don't know what it is like to wake up and feel depression everyday and so you can confront everybody that is having a bad day with the line like: "there are a million people starving in Somalia, look how good you have it, so stop whining." It does not neccesarily work that way. You can't really judge it or people like that, oh, their suffering is worse than yours. Although being militaristic and disciplined definitely has its pluses, don't fall into the trap of the "military-industrial mindset". Remeber, these are people here and they may be suffering from things you can never understand unless you have been there.

The quote, "don't judge a man unless you walked a mile in his shoes" is probably the most important piece of wisdom that can be needed in a time like ours.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2003
  18. willson13 The Villiage Idiot Registered Senior Member

That is an excellent quote. It reminds me of one of the things that makes me most furious. How much everyone takes so many things for granted. Any one who lives in the US has it better off than pretty much everybody else. I know that this has nothing to do with what was previously said, but it always gets irrtating. Another thing is why everyone hates America. It's what we make ourselves look like. I recently went overseas to Thailand with a few other groups. On occasion, I watched the behave like little monkies. It's people like them that give us a bad impression. They just laugh at the world's problems, not realizing just how bad some people have it.

19. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

Niudo: the point is to get drunk. Very very drunk. and eating loads of beef. Beef is good for you, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise...

20. willson13 The Villiage Idiot Registered Senior Member

There's one thing that I don't understand, and would like to be corrected if I'm wrong. Do you have to acquire a taste for beer? And if so, why drink something harmful that doesn't even taste good?

21. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

Harmful? Taste?

To start with, I never even said I drunk beer... Ok, so you were right, you got me on that one. Beer tastes great. Yes, it's an aquired taste. But so is most everything that tastes really, REALLY good. You never like it at first.. Like oysters, sushi, beer, olives, beer, whiskey, avocado, most any fish, pesto etc.. Things I love the most today are almost always things my taste buds had some work getting used to...

Beer tastes great, and on many occasions loosen your spirits to let to have some great times...

22. willson13 The Villiage Idiot Registered Senior Member

First off, I've never acquired a taste for anything that I currently love. And secondly,
    , I don't see how it "loosens spirits". I just see it as some kind of way to kill brain cells easily.

23. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

you don't know me. you never will. so how would you know that i'm not depressed? you wouldn't.
    because i am.
    so whatever. you can all judge me, i don't care. i just wanted to know if there was actually a meaning to life... a reason for living other than dying.
    i'm sorry that i asked. i'm sorry that i thought that you, being more intelligent that me, could help. i'm sorry for a lot of things.

i'm sorry. that's it's sunk so low that i actually asked someone.
    some things you don't talk about. some things you don't try to get help on.

i guess this was one of those things.

so, sargentlard, once i die- will you be happy? or will you still be looking for more people to kill?