dying in dreams

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Allahs_Mathematics, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this aspect , i find it highly interesting (and humourous even) , as I die quite frequently in my dreams . Well quite frequently may be a bit exagerated but a have died several times the past few years in my dreams .

Do i smoke toomuch Mary ? :m:

So who's willing to give me a concept or launch an analysis on dying in one's dreams , anyone know shit about this ?

For instance , i have never went beyond death , when i die i actually calmly wake up , sometimes so soft/slow , i fall right back asleep ....its nothing too active etc ....

I die all sorts of way , I got hit by a car several times , i crashed aeroplanes , even fell out of one once cuz the door was open , ive been taken away by mr reaper personally (well , some sort of detah-like energy.but personized) , i had a giant rock on my head once , I have been poisoned , they once put me in some cage and thrown me off a cliff , and some death-spider bit me once .

But I never get passed death , dying is simply the end .

So whats up with that shit huh , should slow down on my Mary ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Come-on all u wannabe para-psychologists , give me an in-depth analasys on the matter . Im serious as fuck .

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Scrap@lot Registered Senior Member

LOL dying in dreams suppose to mean a death in something old and a birth to something new.
    hehe rock hit me in my head lol
    I've died many many times also sometimes very rarely when I die in dream I actually died in a dream... my whole dream turns black and I'm in some colorful water pastel looking place that changes color with each ripple that goes across my vision

mostly got killed by someone or something...
    They say white in a dream is something pure.. LOL
    I get killed by women a lot... women in white. With samurai swords all the time. Thing is Im not scared or try to run I just get stabbed. Whenever its something else trying to kill me like animals chasing me evil lookin burnt people, I dont die...I run my ass off scared as hell LOL! Maybe getting killed by white means I'm dying for something pure to change to something with a white sense? And running from evil crazy lookin monsters means I'm leaving all that bad stuff behind or maybe theyre trying to influence me but cant catch me? Or maybe something bad down the road is coming that will test me? LOL or maybe I'm just plain evil... LOL! I dont think myself that tho. I havent died in a while in my dreams. But I "seeee" people dying in observer dreams, a lot lately... I dont know what seeing people dying means yet, maybe its some kind of precognition dream? A change is coming....

PEACE

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Frieda Registered Senior Member

i die in my dreams about 3-5 times a night.. it's very annoying, and i feel tired all day.

i've found that these dreams occur when i'm sleeping on my back with my mouth open.. i think it somehow has to do with lack of oxygen or something. i shout when i wake up, and usually my arms and legs are still sleep-paralyzed when i open my eyes.

the dreams in which i die are dreams about some kind of war. i usually get shot.. but it is as if i'm learning in these dreams, as if i'm getting a better soldier with every dream i have. there's always the same people, always the same soldiers with me.

i dont want to be in any war, and i dont want to fight either. but i am curious why i have to dream about war that much!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kinetic Spirit Possessed Immortal Registered Senior Member

I've had the same thing happen to me!!!!

Hey I've died in my dreams many times. Here's a list of ways I died.

1. I've had glass stuck all threw my body and was shooten 8 to 9 times in the chest then fell to my knee's
    2. I've been set on fire .
    3. I've been stabbed continously in the ribs.
    4. I've been bitten on the neck bleeding seriously.
    5. I've been in battle like with a huge army and sliced across the top of my head.
    6. And many,many,more I've really had these dreams. Im not joking. These are real dreams I've had. I am older now and now those dreams are long gone. They eventually go away.

That is the only info I can offer you.

Goodbye...Untill we meet again...

8. Ellimist "Nothing of consequence." Registered Senior Member

Forget whatever paranormal crap is used to explain neurological functions, it is completely unbased and without evidence.

Anyway, regardless of the method of death, I too, have died in my dreams... of course, every time that happens, I either 1, wake up, or 2, blank out and another dream starts...

It seems to me that it could one or more of several things.
    1. generally, most humans are afraid of dying, perhaps dreaming about it helps cope with the idea.
    2. if these are just benign dreams, not nightmares, perhaps you are fascinated by death? or the inherent violent nature of human is surfacing in your dreams...
    3. if they are nightmares, you are probably afraid of dying and they are just your fears manifested in dreams.

~Just my hypotheses... merely conjectures, I could be wrong, but they make sense.

9. Kinetic Spirit Possessed Immortal Registered Senior Member

......Dreams are sometimes confusing!

Well I can say for the most part dreams are very confusing. I've had dreams where I haven't died where I was at a place I just flat out didn't think you would ever catch me at. Wonder why?

Oh well guess dreams are like that. They fiddle with your mind like violin strings.

Goodbye...until we meet again....

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

this is an inaccurate statement, there is alot of evidence that paranormal activity exsists. Is has not been verified under controlled conditions, but there is still quite a bit of evidence.

numbers 1,2, and 3 above are the most likely causes of the dreams that are described, IMO. they do certainly make sense.

Number 10 or so would be paranormal connection. Possible, but less likely than other options.

11. SG-N Registered Senior Member

I saw once (but I don't remember where) that we don't "die" in a dream. In fact when I saw it, I realised that it was true : we always stop the dream just before dying (before reaching the ground or whatever happened).
    That was said to be a mind protection... The idea of really dying in dreams has been taken in The Matrix (what would happen if you would die in your dreams).

12. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I've only died once in my dreams. For me, my dreams are quite limited by my experiences. I guess the best example was when I was young. I'm what you might call a violent person, I have multiple punching bags and work out a great deal, plus a great deal of first person shooter games to try to channel that properly. Either way, growing up, in my dreams I often got into fights, BUT before I had gotten into one in real life (which has only been about 3 times in my life) I couldn't throw a punch properly in my dream. Everytime I tried, it simply didn't work right. UNTIL I got into an actual fight, then the dreams were correct, I knew what the feel of a fist striking flesh felt like, and so, I could feel it in my dream.

Because of this, I can only remember once that I ever died in my dreams. It wasnt a fun dream, it was recent and it was me, running from police, and eventually drowning trying to get away near a dock. Very unhappy. I too woke up then, I didn't get past death.

-AntonK

13. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

I always wake up just before I would die in a dream. I've never actually died. I've also heard that dying signifies something new, possibly a baby being born to someone close to you. I don't know if I believe that. Why is it backwards? Who knows. I do know that once I dreamt that my sister had triplets. After that my great grandfather died and my Grandmother's husband died. Does that mean there's a third? Or am I to throw dream meaning aside?

Does anyone think that dreams actually mean things? I've read some of Sylvia Brown's book, and she has a whole list of things that dreams supposedly do mean.

14. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I did the 'Matrix-thing' when neo jumps off the building.... the landing wasn't as bouncy though. I landed facing my watch, and for some odd reason looked at the time. Everything faded to black, and then I was literally sitting on a cloud, and lucid.

15. Kinetic Spirit Possessed Immortal Registered Senior Member

Hmmmm...Wierd dreams...

People have very funny dreams, but when we find out the meaning of dreams, it won't be so funny. It may be bad or good, Or these dreams could simply mean nothing. But the fact is these...dreams do exist within your mind. Why do we dream?...it is irrelevant. Maybe these dreams signify your inner dreams, Maybe dreams are simply the thoughts of dead people transmitted to your very brain. But what do I know, I just inquired my thoughts to paper, and slow began to build Logic.

Oh well, Thx all for listening....

goodbye...until we meet again...

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Or maybe... just possibly... dreams are a natural part of how your brain functions.

17. Carnuth i dont Registered Senior Member

i dreamed my sister was trying to kill herself by jumping off a building and i tried to stop her and fell instead and died....whats that mean?

18. Draco Registered Member

Thank you all.You all put my mind at ease finally but i have a few
    questions.I've died in my dreams quite to much.Iam always shot
    or stabbed repeatedly.When iam killed and black out for a sec iam
    so confused and scared i even got about i'd say 30 sec to wonder
    if iam going to heaven or hell.Its not a joke to me was at first until
    the waking up paralized crap started.Has anyone woken up unable to move.Not to scared to move but PARALIZED.And ive
    always had lucent dreams.Its always my location that alerts me.
    Like iam on a school bus going to school but i realize iam 26.Or
    iam back at home sneaking out my bedroom window when ive been living with my wife for 8 years.I can go through walls throw
    people 100,s of feet ive even caused earthquakes.But one thing
    i cant do is fly.Every time i do i get about 25to30feet than my stomach starts dropping and so do i.Sometimes so quick i have to
    close my eyes and wake up.Iam so happy i thought i was the only
    one who had these what ever they are.But i need to know whats
    been happening recently about waking up paralized.I went to the
    doctors many times in the last 3 years but iam perfectly healthy.
    And its getting worse.My wife saw me when it was happening and i saw her i was trying to ask her to shake me anything but i
    couldnt talk or move.Only could here my own words in my head.Than i my vision went away my wife started screaming and
    finally i sat up scared shitless.I thought my eyes shut but they
    rolled back and turned white.Please if anyone knows what this is
    please reply.Thank you for your help.

19. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I got shot in a few dreams. I supposedly died afterwards but came back alive. I never feel pain, sometimes i stop the bullet by catching it in my hand, I usuallyget scared, but... not much beyond that. Heck knows what that means.

Not a single book will ever tell you exactly what your dream means. Dreams are a way for your subconscious to communicate w your conscious, and the symbols are all your own. No one can explain a dream except the dreamer himself.

How do you go ab it? Well, one way is to write down your dream, carefully list all the things you find important in it, and then list meanings of each symbol by free association. Put all those meanings together, and--Voila!--you have decoded the message.

20. Q_Who Registered Senior Member

My father told me that every so often before he met my mother he had a dream of falling off a cliff and watching himself hit the bottom. After he was engaged and married he started to wake before he hit (still does).

Don't know much about what this means but thought this story went with the topic.

21. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

Hey same thing happens to me in a dream.
    It's like I can't punch, no matter how hard I try I always miss. For me it's like that feeling when you block the blood flow to your hand and you find it hard to move it a couple of minutes after and try to punch somebody...

About death, I've never actually been past death in a dream, I always wake up. I have been hit by trains, fallen off sky scrapers, was eaten alive by a crocodile, burned in the flames of a giant asteroid impact, sucked into tornadoes, shot dead by a bank robber, killed on an alien invasion.

I don't fall off buildings anymore because I've mastered dream flight, so whenever I fall off a building, I float. Dream flight rulez.
    I also can't drown in a dream coz everytime I go underwater I can breathe the water.

Also, I discovered that if you manage to find an onion in the dream and you smell it, you instantly wake up. Really weird stuff.

22. hollowearth Registered Member

Dreams

If you die in a dream, do you die in reality?

in every dream i've had. i always wake up milliseconds before i die.. or if i'm moving alot in the dream like exercising or something. i wake up sore in the morning .... so if you were to actaully fall off the cliff and hit hte bottom... would you die?

23. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

I don't think so coz I fell off skyscrapers and I woke up after I hit the ground with a weird feeling in the chest area. I'm still alive though...