Do you scrutinize you as you would scrutenize me?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wesmorris, Apr 8, 2003.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It's a fair question right? Do you bother? How do you maintain your objectivity about you? I honestly think most of us can't really be fair with ourselves in any matter. Hehe, wait that sounds schizophrenic. NO IT DOESN'T. Hehe. Pardon.

But really, do you doubt your intent? Do you give yourself a break? Are you too hard on you? Whassup?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

okay, it was a free thought but maybe it's really ethics. pardon.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

It’s none of your business!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

..Go ahead and scrutinize your self, I’ll help you!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i scrutenize myself more than you

8. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

hmm... i think most of them time im pretty hard on myself about stuff.... not always. ony when it matters really. but im hard on others too alot. i think it really dpeneds on the subjecy/situation.

9. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

ditto...but i try not to criticise other people too much out loud. i tend to los friends that way. but it's very difficult not to...i have high expectations from myslef and others and i just cant understand people who dont live up to my expectations...ooh...that sounds bad!

10. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

If you need unbiased help, just let me know!

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Not in the same ways but yes, yes I do. I'm such a negative thinker when it comes to me, but I always seem to think positively about others. Been told that's a good quality

12. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

This sounds familiar

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hmm... my theory is that this is a bad thing. I personally (and mind you a lot of people think I'm wrong a lot) think that it's imperative to treat yourself pretty much the way you would anyone else. It makes things easy to keep track of.

14. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

often when it omes to other people in real life situations.. i find when they dont fit the riteria i guess you could say.. i just go away. stop returning calls, stop talking.. i just leave. funny as it sounds, i really hate confrontation. Although there are times, when people realllllllly need it. including myself. i think its important to be honest with yourself about most things.

although self-righteous denial can be good too.

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Well, in my twisted world.... the only way to ever really be truly happy is to be okay with being absolutely honest with yourself.

16. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

that's an excellent question and well placed i think.

i have high expectations for other people but they rarely live up to them all the time. i am very forgiving of those who live up to them at least part of the time. this may be why i hate the human race and profess this hate at least once a day. i also hold myself to a high standard but i'm not hard on myself...if there's something i don't like, i change it or put it in the process of changing. so there's no need to criticize. i just change it.

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I am way tooo easy on my self at times and very hard at other times. I don't expect too much from people except just little things that would constitute as commen sense and commen courtesy, and the funny things is that thats where people fail me the most. They might be hard workers but when it comes the little little stuff they disappoint me on a daily basis. I actually started a thread on this before concerning my friends......(way back in the olden days). I am hard on myself but i realize that if i am not then i am letting myself down and at the end of the day i have to be the one who is happy with me not anybody else.

"No matter how much you do for someone else, it's never enough" unknown

I can't tell how true that is in my life.

18. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya all

to judge others by our own expectations without acknoledging that we do forgive ourselfs to a point to find happyness is a great
    model to use as a mirror to our own intent in light of how we communicate.
    constructive critisism is very usefull unless peoples self esteem is soo low that one can asceretain that such information would
    only create greater anxsiety and/or seperation to the one you are trying to give advice to.
    and when used as a point score rebuttle to a stated problem will render it to abuse.

senario = "well if you hate what i do soo much then just fuckoff out of my life"
    such a comment to a percieved "loved one" is a murder suicide of the heart.

none can "win" as such

groove on all

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

This can be extremely difficult if you buy into the apparent reasoning behind a lot of shallow stupid social bullshit. For instance:

Everyone fucks. (and masturbates)
    Everyone shits. (and farts)
    Everyone pukes.
    Everyone does stupid shit.
    Everyone gets angry.
    Everyone changes.

And a lot of other shit. Hehe, George Carlin comes to mind as a keen observer of stuff that people do that they don't like to anyone to think that they do.

But societal shit is geared towards what ends up being the denial that any of those things occur (depending on where you live and who you know and blah blah, just making a general point).

Another thing that I think is difficult sometimes is the art of self forgiveness. I think a lot of people are all fucked up because they never really learned to cut themselves some slack when they do the stupid shit. Maybe someone who's opinion seems important to them even says something mean or something from the fuckup. This can be emotionally damaging, which basically results in major badness for your personal development, regardless of where you're at if you can't learn to forgive yourself. I think this even applies to christians. Sure, Jesus (even though he's dead

) can forgive you, but what good is that if you can't forgive yourself? You'll end up a bitter fuckard. I wonder now that I think about it if a lot of the more bitter christians or religious folks are really messed up from that whole experience of thinking that "the lord" forgives them but wondering if they'll ever be able to forgive themselves.. when really it's all inside your head.

Life is attitude, have a good one. (or you'll be a pain in everyone elses ass). Hehe, it's strange to me and very beautiful in a sense that really, having a "good" attitude (which has to be customized for every perspective of course) adds like 10 points of charisma. The charisma points add to your success base, which reinforces your choice of "good" attitude. It's circular, but it's VERY real. Weird.

Maybe I should have posted this in my "Paradox" thread.

20. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by wesmorris
    Everyone fucks.
    Not everyone.

Everyone shits. (and farts)

There are babies who are born without rectums.

Everyone does stupid shit.

I don't

(Please atleast pretend to believe me)

But back to the main point... I think scrutinizing your own actions are is one of the best ways to learn. It's fine to make a mistake, but you should learn from it. The problem comes when the self-scrutiny is done using a worldview that is 'out of whack' with reality. Accepting and analyzing what others have to say about you is just as important as self-analysis.

Life is attitude, have a good one.
    Basically the same as my philosophy. While you may not be able to tell it from my posts, I almost never complain in real life about other people. I may ask why someone did something, and explain why I'd rather they don't do it... but I won't go to a "higher power" about it. Life is too short to not enjoy it, and I'm not going to spend it bitching and moaning. Life happens, deal with it.

As for these forums, I generally see them as a place to learn and have fun. Pointing out flaws in other peoples ideas allows me to do both

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I'm not hard on my self at all.
    I especially don't care what others think of me.
    I care about myself, and I love my personality.
    I just enjoy my life without worrying about who is or isn't interested in me.
    I have more respect for those who take the time to get to know the real me.

I think if you take a good objective look at yourself, you can find all the beauty you can search everywhere for right inside you.

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

/you can find all the beauty you can search everywhere for right inside you.

hehe... that's like, gay and stuff.

23. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

With that kind of objectivity, how could I (or yourself) answer that question? Nobody knows, right? If I tried to be objective about it, I'd only become less objective. Thats why I prefer blatancy to 'honesty.'