LOve sucks

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by creamsoda, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Okay, okay, this is going to sound like a stupid post, but since this is free thoughts....I need to know how to react to this situation, so i thought some of you guys would help.

Okay, the scenario: I really liked this guy I go to school with. He had a great personality...and everything, it was really cool. So one day, after some confusing feelings I started to really like him.
    OKay, then I we talked and he TOLD me that he liked me, more than a friend, and i was basically the happiest person on the planet. Or, atelast i thought so.

A day or two later (horrible memory here) he....well, he said he was still in love with his ex gf.

I couldn't beleive it. I know, i being the female that i am, get attched to people easily. It hurt SO BAD.
    Anyway, I couldn't understand it, he told me it was his ex, so I thought, great he's free, he likes me, everything is hunky dory.

WRONG.

I guess she was prettier than me or SOMETHING. I don't know, but just to.....say you like aperson and then say "oh wait, actually, I can't."

I just want to know what I should do. I still want to be friends and all, but I'm not sure if it would work out.....oh god, plz help me with this!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

dump him.

if a guy can't be straight with you and jerks you around he's not worth the time. I certainly have been guilty of wasting a lot of time on someone who never was going to in the first place but kind of strung me along. so i speak of experience.

your guy sounds very usual. gives alot of "oh maybe i think i like you", and "i sorta have an ex". he's not going to change his tune.

if you're still loco for this boy being friends will be difficult. especially if he's stringing you along trying to "keep his options open".

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Forget him, unless..actually no forget him. If he has even some doubts it's not worth it, but it seems that he really doesn't know what he wants. He likes you and his ex, tell him forget it, you will not be a pawn in his game now. If you still don't listen and keep after him then what happens is your fault. I say get away from him and he'll understand the message.

Or invite him and his girlfriend over one day at your house and tie them both to a pole in your basement and torture them for the whole day untill one of them ends up loving you. This method is a little strong but it has yielded results before for the masses that have given it a go. Good Luck:m:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Then also, he asked me if I was okay, right then.

How could I answer right then?! I mean, I didn't feel ANYTHING. I felt numbness, and that was about it. He kept saying how he felt like the worst person in the world, and saying he was sorry. It wasn't connecting in my brain when he asked me if I was okay.
    It was like, when someone slaps you across the face, and all you feel is numbness for a half second, and THEN the pain starts to come.

After a few minutes, I sat on my couch, (I wasn't talking to him anymore that night) and I could feel the emotions burning inside me. THEN, my mother asked me if I was okay, because she could see I guess, the hurt look on my face, and she started asking me all of these questions like "what did he say?" "what did you talk about on there?" and bluntly "did he hurt your feelings?"

How was I supposed to answer "oh, mom, no big, the boy I had practically loved just dumped me for his old ex gf, that's all, no worries now."

yeah right. I cried, all that night, in the morning, and basically, all this afternoon, but tell me, is it worth still being friends with him???
    I want to be, but things will be awkward. And today, I can't "find" him, (I think he said he was busy) but still.....seems like he just wants to get away from me.
    I feel like shit.

8. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

when i read this, i picture it being said by 15yr old girl with curled blonde hair and way too much make up, walking to fourth period truely heartbroken over this mornings terrbile events, but somewhere between the "okay!'s" and the gum-chewing she stops to notice the cute repairman that has walked into the building and all is forgotten as the words, "is he totally hot, or what?" chirp out mechanically from her mouth.

you fall in love with a new person every ten minutes, and then wonder why they dont love you. il tell you why. either number one, they are not as easy as you, or number two, they know how easy you are and keep you as a back up so their dick doesnt get cold waiting for the next girlfriend.

" I know, i being the female that i am, get attched to people easily."
    it has nothing to do with being female. its being co-dependant. it means you can't think or act for yourself, you have to have someone there all the time to explain things to you, and hold your hand and help you along the way. pity you ever have to make a decision on your own. sort of how you come here evertime you can't get the guy of your dreams, (or the guy in the room) and ask us whats wrong.-laughs-.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

An extended drowning-in-the-eyes-of-another is all I need to have a crush upon them fostered. This happens probably every other day, so, in some respects, I'm forced to attach myself to one girl, which I have done, even though I haven't gotten her number and we've never gone anywhere together. Hell, it probably won't work out, but I don't really care, because I know the next day I'll see someone cool and pretty and think "hey, that person is cool and pretty. I should go talk to her..."

I'm a pretty mediocre singer but I had to practice this song that I have to sing for a play (not a musical) with this great girl who is a year or two older than me but at least a foot shorter (it's really great to be taller than people). Anyway, she's a phenomenal singer and I really enjoyed the half hour we spent together in this soundroom, I guess. At the end of it we were saying our goodbyes, and I looked into her eyes for ten-fifteen seconds and really felt a connection. At that moment it almost seemed like we were leaning toward each other. But I had to go, so I left.

I'm probably exagerating, she probably saw things differently. Everyone's a skeptic. But that look was there. My commitment is to someone else, who is also very cool (my age). I'm taking things slowly, trying to get a feel for her.

The bottom line is that you aren't in love, because if you were, he would be in love with you too. Hormones are very, very powerful, and it is extremely easy to move on if you just let yourself do so. Besides--I hear dating/relationships get way better after high school anyway.

10. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

nightfall.

First, of all I DO NOT, must I repeat, do not fall in LOVE with a new person every ten minutes. I am not stupid either as you like to think.

Why did you even post here if all you wanted to do was talk absolute sh*t about the post?

You think I'm easy huh?

You don't even stay on topic. You must think you are pretty dam* special, walkin around like "I'm so cool, everybody is easy, they're blond, they're stupid, EXCEPT ME, because I can say whatever the hell I want and act like a total b!tch, because I think I can get away with it"

By the way, studies have been shown that femailes DO get attached to males, more than males get attached to females. It's called hormones. Maybe you don't have any, so you wouldn't know.

Post edited. Take it easy, take a walk or a deep breath before replying. It might get you to see things more in perspective.
    Banshee

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Easy creamsoda. If she's wrong about you tell her why. Don't resort to ad-hominems. That goes for the both of you:bugeye:

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Cream...you're forcing love. Theres plenty of time for love in life and frankly there are more important things to focus on. I must agree with Nightfall...(but not so harshly...ouch). You maybe confusing love with infatuation. I say you act like you don't care about anyboy and eventually someone will be atracted to you because of your oh so "too, so not good enough for me" attitude will eventually fetch some low self estem prone loser to beg at your feet. While it's terrible, just terrible to use some one else to boost your ego you don't have to be mean too him. Actually that was just bad advice....become a nun....God would be your only friend or act like a sensible person and don't fall in love so easily with every boy you see.

Nun idea is still good though

13. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

i think, think being the operative word, that when dave (poriery or whatever) went out to create this site, he intended that the free thoughts be something like an "other" portion, not something like a freeposters paradise, but thats just my opinion, and expect some negative feedback.

Wow, highschool relationships, your a freshman right? When you "really like" someone at your age, what does that mean really, you think hes "hot" or "cute"? I know that you probably think you like his personality, but in most cases, at your age, this is a falicy. I'm probably going to get flammed, but dont go around acting all "in love" your not "in love", you have an infatuation, and they have a way of blowing up into things like your situation.

In love my ass, she prolly puts out, and you prolly didnt look like you were going to, hes prolly going for the easy way in, and while he might like you as a firend, he doesnt see you as a f*** buddy

Common misconception, heh. Who cares if hes dating someone, be his friend, jesus, who cares about relationships. Relationships are retarded anyways, just be friends with him, anyways, if your into revenge, you can just ahng out with him a lot and make his "ex" jealous, wouldnt that be fun?

yup!

She probably is a better peice of ass. Please forgive the crassnes, but who cares? forget him, hes not important, its not important, you'll get over it. He probably didnt really like you anyways, dont you ever get the feeling that you dont want to let a friend down?

Im pretty sure i was no help, but yea, have fun

14. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

i'm not nightfall, but i'd like to answer a couple of these

its a forum get over it

its a forum get over it

its a forum get over it

its a forum get over it

its a forum get over it, and actually, that was on topic, some help is harsh

its a forum get over it

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Laughs*

That is one of the funniest (and truest) descriptions I've read in a while.

Umm, you've posted your tales of unrequited love for like three different boys. You're, what, 15? I'm 19. I've been in love once.

Falling in love three times in all at your age would be truely unusual. Falling in love three times in a month's time is well-nigh impossible.

In conclusion, you are a stupid, obscenely dependant little bitch. Go fantasize about Justin Timerlake or something.

*Grabs a flyswatter and shoos creamsoda away*

16. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

thanks for clearing that up.

you whined, you asked, i answered. i just didn't sugar coat it the way you wanted.

guessing i was right...

no. i act like a bitch beacuse it makes it easier to tolerate people like you.

-waits for a desperate wail of -nanner nanner nah nah-

.grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.