What kind of messages?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by purple_hairstreak, Apr 7, 2003.

?

what kind of messages do you like?

1. short and sweet

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. looooooong

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. neither, I'm a weirdo who hates messages

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Huh?

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

What kind of thread are you most interested in? the ones with the polls? or with those message icons next to them? what about messages? i, personally, H-A-T-E long messages. i dont have the patience, even if i have the time, to read 'em. so i'm not going to make this message too long!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ummm with the crack down would anyone like to take bets on how quick this is deleted?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Well Asguard I hope this crack down you are referring to bans people like xev. I read the site rules post the other day, I didn't seem like a sticky that was normally there, and I guess the donations thread got moved from site feedback.

This is a good thing if you ask me. I haven't been posting very much recently, mostly just PC related questions in Nerd Culture. If the thread topic doesn't sound interesting I am not going to even click on it. I think this place should be cleaned up.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i like the threads that start out nice and short, are straight to the point. they should invite a discussion, maybe ask a question, or even random ranting (in the free thoughts forum only). i get lost in threads with too many pages (the ones where you have to click last page to get to the end) and multiple paragraph replies.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Big replies are a big turnoff, in science forums i can stand it, infact prefer it when people explain their view in detail but in free thoughts it is just annoying. I don't have the patience to read really long posts (hey blame the TV generation for lack of attention span). It is called free thoughts not free philosophy....keep it short and sweet. Two long paragraps the most i say.

*However this doesn't apply to since i am a hypocrite*

9. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I know most of us prefer quick responses, and ignore the big ones, especially with the influx of members. Which is unfortunate, because some members don't get the recognition they deserve for their fine input. I like the long responses, as well as the short ones. But really, it depends on how long I've been staring at the screen in the first place.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

It doesn't bother me how long messages are as long as said message is about something I care about. Unfortunately, messages like that are hard to come by

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

ooh, it's a relief to know there r no long replies here! to answer asguard's q, it hasnt been deleted yet, so i have hope!

12. Maveric I own you all. Registered Senior Member

i like funny messages, long boring ones are a no go!

you should have included a vote saying;
    neither, your a weirdo, i dont hate messages

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.