Whats wrong with me!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ammie317, Apr 5, 2003.

1. ammie317 Registered Member

I dated this guy for three years on and off,he was my first love and matter of fact my first for everything right down to my first kiss. We were in love,things happened and we broke up and have been broken up for 5 months now.single life suchs I've dated a few people and he's been dating this girl since 3 days after we broke up.They are engaged to be married and working on thier first child it kills me to see them together. They are supposed to be in love but he has cheated on her with me and last week with someone else. I wish they would brake up but why do I want to be with someone who is probably going to cheat on me? Why do I still love him? Why can't I just get over him move on and live my life. It seems so easy when people say,well just get over him. It's not I promise I've tried. Any advice? Yes, this is a desperate plea.
    Ammie

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

First: He was cheating on you.

Second: " Why can't I just get over him move on and live my life"

Because love makes you stupid. But face it:

He does not want you. He will not leave her for you. He was cheating (nobody has a lasting relationship with a rebound) on you.

Solution:

Either a:
    Go out and have as much fun as you can (read: fuck your brains out in new and novel ways with new and novel people) or b: obsess about him until he finally gets tired of using you.

I'd go with A.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Date me

.....no seriously: it's gonna be hard but try to forget him...he might try to use you again and cheat on his current girl but resist it, it'll be hard but you'll be a better person for it. Go out and find somebody new

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Salty Registered Senior Member

Maybe counseling?

8. ammie317 Registered Member

salty,
    I am in counseling for this and other reasons. but yet I still sit here asking complete strangers what to do about my life and the way I live it. Maybe I should have myself comitted.

9. Empath The Shadow Protectorate Registered Senior Member

Ammie

you want him back which is understandable but, forgive me for saying this, dont even try. I lost my first gf a 2 weeks ago and i loved her but she cheated on me even tho she loved me too. i dont know if this is true but some people just cant ?controll? them selves. He was your first in many things and so you love him because of that, mabe you will never stop loving him. Just do it, go out or what ever with other people eventualy your feelings should fade. Realy to be honest i dont knnow what the heck im talking about cus i still love her like you love him and am too timid to ask any one out scince we broke up but, like i said before just do it, i am going to try to fallow my own advice, and i wish you the best of luck in your future relationships

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Ammie,

The first one is always the one you remember. No matter how it turns out. Not all of us get to keep our dreams.

That you know he is a cheater is something to always put in the forefront of your mind. You should associate that knowledge with the memory, everytime. You are lucky. Not everyone finds out right away. Be thankful it wasn't years and years down the road.

He will not change this behavior. You must realise this. You must also realise how you feel when this happens to you. Wanting this individual will lead to heartaches over and over again. Something that you are not prepared to deal with, else you would not be seeking strangers words. It is easier to talk to strangers sometimes. They can not bring further heartache into your close personal life.

The very best medicene you could have would be someone else to parade in front of him. Someone else you cared about. Maybe your heart isn't ready for that. Sooner or later you need to pick up the pieces and get on with your life. (without him) The sooner you do the better you will be.

Best of wishes and good luck to you...

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

ammie317,

Forget him. Rule number one if you want to have peace with this kind of thing: if he/she don't deserve, don't bother. At least he didn't use you. Without offence... he is being a jerk, and he will finish alone. I know someone that would probably love being with him, because she is not much different then this guy.

Oh yeah... there is nothing wrong with you. The problem is him.

12. ammie317 Registered Member

thanx truthseeker,
    to tell you the truth half the reason I posted that was to hear what you had to say about it, I like your views on life and the way your respond certian things. It is uniquie (sorry my spelling isn't for shit)
    Peace,
    Ammie

13. ammie317 Registered Member

demo,
    say what? you lost me on that coment!

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

ammie317,

Oh my... I didn't expect that...

Thanks! It is nice to know that I'm helping you

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You mean you actually have feelings for a total cheater?
    You slept with him last week even you know he's a cheater.
    Real nice.

16. bluewell Registered Member

right on demo aimee is not the only one who needed to hear that.

17. Salty Registered Senior Member

Date some big ass motherfucker then when he tries to hit on you he gets beatten up.