10 Questions for Parents

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pollux V, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

This is going to sound off the wall but I need some help for my homework. At the least, by tomorrow morning EST I need four replies to this thread that answer all of the following questions. The only requirement I have is that you are a parent. Thanks a great deal. Just bear with me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

1)What would be your first reaction to being labeled a witch?

2)Would your reaction differ from how you may have reacted, say, a few hundred years ago? If so, why?

3)If you were tortured enough, do you feel you would confess to witchcraft?

4)What feelings would go through your mind before being burned at the stake? Hypothetically, of course.

5)Would you flee the authorities or allow them to take you into custody if you were accused of being a witch? Why?

6)Do you think that there is a similarity to the McCarthy-Era Communist Hunts of the Cold War and the Witch Hunts that occured in Europe and America during the Middle Ages? Do you think that there is a similarity between being labeled a terrorist and being labeled a witch? Why?

7)Why do you think that people feared witches during the Middle Ages, or communists during the Cold War, or terrorists during the Turn of the Century?

8)What do you think your children would go through, if you were burned as a witch? What would happen to them, or the rest of your family?

9)If you were accused of being a witch, would you turn to religion (christian, jewish, muslim pagan, etc) as a way to comfort yourself?

10)Do you feel that keeping a diary, if you were kept in isolation, would help comfort you?

Thanks for reading and take care!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

01) Confusion as to why people would think I'm a witch
    02) N/A
    03) Nope
    04) Holy shit, this is hot!
    05) Flee for my life, of course
    06) No similarity at all, sorry
    07) Paranoia
    08) Hopefully someone would counsel them and provide for their needs
    09) Not any more so than usual
    10) Yes

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

1) I am not!

2) NO, because I’m not a witch!

3) YES!

4) I should have said NO to question #3. And that I suffocate as fast as possible.

5) I would flee the authorities. Why? I’m allergic to fire!

6) Yes, most definitely. It is mass driven and there’s no need to prove it.

7) Because it was presented by authority as being a threat to society.

8) Family would be in pain, but not as much as me. They would have to relocate to a distance place.

9) Yes! But not to comfort my self more to stay alive.

10) Yes!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.