If you could go back or foward in time...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ChildOfTheMind, Apr 3, 2003.

1. ChildOfTheMind So dark the con of man Registered Senior Member

If you could go back in time and do anything you want, what would you do, who would you meet, would you go to the past or future.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

I'd go back in time and give an assload of lighters and lighter fluid to the cavepeople, and show them how to build fires and houses and stuff, and all kinds of things. I'd work with them for a long time to make them smarter too. Then I'd go back to the present and see what's goin on.

Or I'd go forward in time to when i was like 28, and see what I looked like, if I had kids, and who I was going to marry.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ChildOfTheMind So dark the con of man Registered Senior Member

I would go back in time in some sort of indestructable space-ship and witness THE BIG BANG, then speed up time and see if Evolution exsists. And If it's real I would like to see the garden of Eden

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

We'd all be dead, the planet earth would be a baron wasteland and the only visible life would be cockroaches.

I'd go back to 1 million years ago and I would take a jet, a boat and a hum-v for exploring.

8. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

I'd go back in time and never give that fifty quid to brian mackenzie.

9. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

i know this is the easy answer, but i would like to go back and follow jesus around to see what he was REALLY all about. that is, assuming i can come back. i wouldn't do anything with time travel if i couldn't come back...

10. valentino Registered Senior Member

Hmm

What do you mean if you could travel in time? Am I the only one? Oh no, how embarassing!

I'd like to go back and relive July 23, 2002 if it was possible.

11. beachy Registered Member

I'd like to go forward in time, I saw a movie recently called Time Machine and the idea was Guy Pearce (can't remember the character name) wanted to stop his wife being killed, but every time he went back in time to save her, she would be killed another way. He then discovered he had to go forward in time to learn the meaning of his life.......well the movie was lame but the concept was clever that he moved so far forward in time, buildings etc were turned to rubble and forests reclaimed the land. We were a simple race of people again............that I would like to see.

12. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

if i could go forward and backward in time, i would stay put and do nothing...i like the mysteries of the past and the suspense of the future...weird??? i dont think so...

13. Empath The Shadow Protectorate Registered Senior Member

thats a interesting question

If you could go back or foreward in time . . . hmmmmmm an interesting question. To back in time would be quite fun however there could be several problems with this, creating paradoxes and the such, so i would rather go to the future(assuming that the world is still here in a few years). i dont know realy how far I would go but if i could go far enough so that time travel was invented(so i could come back) that would be cool . I guess im curious as to what the future holds but would alwase want to be able to come home.

14. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

scholars agree that the garden of eden is located roughly (perhaps overlapping political lines) where modern iraq is. and our stupid leaders are blowing it to bits.

15. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Hey, I saw that too. It had to be the shortest feature film I've ever seen, only 1.5 hours!

-- --- ---- -----

As for me, I'd go into the past of about 10 minutes, so that I'd implement my time travelling machine to duplicate about 10 of me so we could send each other off all over the world and make a lot of money all under the same name. Of course, there'd be 10 horrible horrible people running around ...so no.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'd find out what happened to Amelia Earhart. After all, she did inspire many people, and then disappeared. I rather wonder about her fate.

Or I'd do the Homer Simpson thing: go back to the Jurassic age and kick, stomp and punch everything around me until the toaster takes me back to the altered present.

16. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Thats easy.

First i'd go back in time and use my knowledge of the future to make myself disgustingly rich by investing in the stock market. Next i buy alot of high tech equipment and store it in prehistoric times so when i end up altering the future i can still guarentee easy access to it. Then i use the money to buy gold. I will then go back into the far past using my advanced tech to convince people that i am their god, and using the gold to hire mercenary armies all over the world. I will then use my power and influence to conguer the world. To make sure i do everything right i will make constant trips to the future so i know the results of my every action and can easily correct mistakes. Then i will become Supreme Overlord of the World.

17. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Jeez, you sound like you're already doing it, Neutrino

18. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Currently on step 1. Inventing a time machine.

Addition to plan: I'll have my base of operations back in prehistoric times and spend as little time in civilization as possible to minimize assassination risk.

19. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Yeah, actually having a time machine would be good, eh? Ah well, maybe some of the crazier SciForumers here can help you build one. I'm off, see ya!

20. sh1n3y Registered Senior Member

If I knew that I had the ability to travel through time, I would take all the risks now that I'm too afraid to take and if I didn't like the outcome, then I'd go back in time and not take those risks.

21. Revolution Registered Senior Member

1- Go party at WOODSTOCK yea!!!!!!
    2- Go party during the RENNISANCE ERA yea!!!
    3- Go party in ROME at the hieght of their EMPIRE in those bath houses and watch some gladiator matches YEA!!!!
    4- Go party in NY after we won our Freedom In the Revolutionary war YEA!
    5- Go into the future to see what they do to party and what new fun party substances they have made and party with them YEA!!

6- Find out the real story about such stuff as:
    a. Atlantis
    b. The Great Pyramids and the Sphynx
    c. Easter Island
    e. The Dinosaurs!
    f. Mars!(was there life on it back on the day?)
    g. The creation of the Universe and Earth, and the Destruction of them as well
    h. What was here before the Big Bang, if it happened

Anyways, shit like that

22. the E.M.T 3967 Grass Unit Registered Senior Member

I would go to the futer to see the girl i marry

23. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Too damn bad there will be no Lord Neutrino Albatross in about 4 years ago...