A Brand New Car...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by CounslerCoffee, Mar 29, 2003.

1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

... no it's T'raltix!
    (Kudos to whomever gets the above quote)

So Im having a great week, a wonderful week. I've just gotten a new car (It's used, but it's new to me). It runs great, its a turbo, I got insurance, new tags, all that good stuff. Anywho, Im on sprigbreak for this week! Yippee! Im so happy because I don't have class anytime this week.

But wait! There's more! I won't be having any classes for the next three months!

Coffee, I thought that you went year round?

I do! Your right! I go to a technical school! But guess what? Coffee's GPA (Grade Point Average) dropped by .16! So Im getting, shock, suspended from school.

Now, ya have to ask yourselves this. Why is it that if my GPA drops down .16, that Im kicked out? You would think that they would keep there on some sort of probation, nope. They won't.

So I got it figured out though. I know why there kicking me out. It's because Im poor. It isn't enough that I pay the highest tuition in the state of Kentucky, but I also have to pay:

-$24 a quater for a parking pass. (Which they say is to pay for slat, and snow plowing, but get this - they never do any of that)

-I have to buy really expensive supplies. Does anyone here know how much glossy printing paper costs? And the fact that the sheets sometimes have to be 12X14 (Inches). A piece of illustrations board cost me $5.

-I have to spend like, a lot of money on gas every week.

-I have to a pay a computer fee! $550 a quarter. (This comes out of my student loans, but seeing as how nothing else does...)

Now, there's a bunch of other stuff that factors into this to but I won't get into that (Books, food, etc.). But what I would like to get into is the statement that I got.

Every quarter (We go to school for three months, then a short break, and then back again) I get a statement. This isn't a statement for the previous quarter, this is a statement for the upcoming quarter. On this statement it shows me what's being taken out of my student loans/grants (very few of those) before the quarter starts. Well, guess what? Louisville tech decided that they need my money even though I won't be there.

That's right; I have to pay for all my classes, my tuition, and my tech fee. Even though I won't be able to attend class. Hell, Im not even allowed on campus.

So many of you are wondering, what the hell kind of college do you go to, Coffee? Well, I go to a school that cost $24,000+. That's what kind of student loans I'll be facing in the next six months.

BUT WAIT! Im not done yet! I can come back to the school in three months! It's only three months. The only way for me to get ahead, is to get behind. (Behind my graduating class I mean). Not only that, but I have to pay for it all over again! WTF! I figure one of three things will happen:

1. I come back and everything's okay.
    2. I come back and everything's not okay. If my GPA drops .16 again, then I am permanently kicked out.
    3. I take what money I have left, and attend somewhere else.

Guess which option Im thinking of? Number three of course!

Im going to see the academic dean this Monday, early in the morning. None of you have met me in real life, but I can tell you that when I get mad, shit fly's. So if the Academic Dean doesn't let me back in, Im going to punch him in his mouth. Then Im going to go call my moms lawyer and file a law suit. Why? Because right now Im paying for classes that Im not even allowed to attend.

Fuck Louisville Tech.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

That $24,000+ your total tuition or is it $24,000/term?

Up here in Alberta they are screwing me too (not in nearly the magnitude as they are screwing you). Last term the CIS270 (programming) course was an advanced C++ course. Last term the administration decided that instead of offering that advanced C++ course they would in the future move it to be a C# course (Which isn't even close to the same thing). But instead of changing it over immediately they decided to put in a "filler" course so that they could get organized to make the switch.

So now this term comes, we have no idea what we are supposed to be taking...and we finally find out it's going to be Java. Now Java is an ok language, but it's REALLY useless having 3 Java courses and 1 C++ course when the industry demands knowledge of C++.

Oh, and meanwhile one of my fellow students is teaching us in the Java class because our teacher basically learns it the same day we do.

I am paying $5,000/term x 9 terms to get a student to teach me (who teaches for free)

I have a school that is run by crack addicts...my Devry doesn't reach for the sky.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

OUCH and to the second post OUCH...jeez what crackheads run these schools you go to...seriously don't they check up on these colleges annually to see if reatrded crap like this doesn't happen. What kinda teachers do they allow in these colleges.....i thought teachers in college weren't certified teachers, just people who are really good in the field they are teaching so a teacher who learns JAVA the same day you do doesn't make any sense.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

What a strange place you live in Coffee...

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Marquis,

I don't know whats more odd. The fact that I feel like Alice in Wonderland, or the fact that I sometimes dress up like Alice in Wonderland.

P.S. Tea partys with the Mad Hater often turn into mass orgys.

9. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

We need pictures.

10. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

The worst part is that teacher has two masters degrees. One in CompSci and one in Biology (He's a dentist too I think). But it's not like one degree should cancel out the other.

..and Yes pictures will be required...definately

11. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

colleges and uni's are money making machines... all those bastards in the board rooms are smokin cigars and laughin at the education system bein sold to society...

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Coffee,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That's exactly what I was going to suggest...

Really... doesn't even wait. Do it right NOW! They are make you pay for a service that they are not providing. This is stupid. If your mom is a lawyer, it is even easier to do it...!

Get this lawsuit against them and make them wish they had never done that with you!

13. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Yeah! Get 'em before it's too late! The only way they can cheat you is if you let them.

And by the way, though I would also be tempted to castrate your dean, I'd recommend not before filing a lawsuit.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No, no, no!!!
    Don't do that...! At least until you get the case and they pay you your money and some more back...