Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by sciencegeek, Mar 27, 2003.

1. sciencegeek Registered Senior Member

I'm writing this because I'm not sure if it's normal or not and just wanted some imput. I've always had a way of mentally visualizing things that were so intense that my senses would percieve them as though they were real. Over the past few years it's gotten more intense and I think people are starting to notice things. I've never told anyone because I'm not sure if this is "normal" (as if there was such a thing) and it's easier to remain anomynous. For instance my dog crossed the river in September. He was a three year old Berger Picard who went mad due to a brain tumor. When I think about him I can feel his rough coat as though he were right there. I think my daddy caught me petting the invisible dog this afternoon. Sometimes I'm thinking about a food I like, usually fajitas, I can smell it as though somebody were cooking it. It also has some negative things. I don't like to use the oven because I always think about being burnt and feel it as though it had happened. These are just a few examples. I was wondering if anybody had ever heard of or experienced something like this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kirstykiwi Registered Senior Member

Visualisation is an art in itself and can help you get what you want of life.
    Go for it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

What u do is creating reality .

Id say thats advanced , if u can create it believeble enough as "dreams" for instance .

No its not normal

Neither is thinking

So......u should try and examine your experiences and try to understand the processes , perhaps u one day can do it all full controll , and that would be a seriously new form of conscious living .

Such achievements can only be encouraged

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mister62 Good Gravy Registered Senior Member

Wow

This sort of thing happens to me, but only to a small extent. I can think of eating something and sense a 'suggestion' of tasting and smelling that, but not as vividly as you say. I'm Jealous, to 'dream' as you do is abnormal, but desireable. This ability to 'escape' from 'reality' must be nice, but don't fear things such as ovens and sharp objects for fear of feeling burnt or stabbed, embrace it and learn from it.

There's a young adult book titled "The Giver," in which a society of people see black and white, where people do not ever experience pain, where families are selected and assembled and real emotion does not exist, but so as not to forget the past, there is a man in the society who is a "Giver." He is the wisest and is called on to make very important descisions because he has all the memories of time. The book follows a child who is to take his place and begins recieving the "memories," from the Giver. He begins to see color, experience pain, emotion, and eventually discards the place he lives for a real life.

This book is about the child's eyes opening by experiencing things like this.

You have the ability to teach yourself the world. Embrace it. Become wise.

I'm also curious, do you have very vivid dreams? (when sleeping)

8. valentino Registered Senior Member

Yep, this happens to me too.

9. sciencegeek Registered Senior Member

I do have very vivid dreams. Some of them are rather funny or even rediculous. Others are very scientific or technical. I've even had a few that have been somewhat prophetic. I've always had a very active imagination but my daddy said it's because I have a high IQ and low EQ. Since I don't socialize easily it's easier to fantasize.

10. Nomikal Registered Member

Oh, What an coincidence, I remember on reading something about people in an experiment to pinpoint, which part of the brain smell, vision(mainly colors), and touch are from. And they were poking at certain parts of the brain and the clients would taste penut-butter, or see an blue shirt as red, or smell roses. So, it seems that your strange memories that seem real may have some correlation to this.