Have you experienced regression?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Åudioslave, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Åudioslave Registered Member

I was just curious to find out if anyone here as ever 'gone through' regression and what was the outcome?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Do you mean regression as in going back to the time of birth and possible lives before that, or regression as going back in the personalitys evolutionary process, like becoming 5 years old again, or maybe just a couple of stages back?
    i think it is very common during life crisis that people regress a bit, like they have to go back a bit to get enough room to run through so they can attain a higher speed and get further than they were before in their personal development.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

I have. As a kid growing up I, upon looking back, believe that I was more mature than most people my age. Of course I didn't know/think this at the time. But after interacting with people, socializing and talking with them and hanging out with them I've found that I've missed a step and fell back two. Things/people/personalities change when confronted with an outside influence. You are ultimately who you are but those around you can cause you to act differently than you would if you were by yourself. So I would act immature and laugh at people I would not have bothered laughing at, things like that. All in the name of 'fitting in'. You know how it is when you are an adolescent/young adult. In that regard I think I regressed slightly. But with each regression I've also progressed so I don't feel so bad.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. valentino Registered Senior Member

I was such a sad little kid with my stupid alchoholic dad always yelling at me that now I have taken it upon myself to be as childish as possible when recreating. Being a depressed 7 year old sucks, you just don't want to play outside with the other kids.

8. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Childishness is great sometimes. As if there are no worries in your mind you can be as goofy with your buds as you want.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If I was sad I'd want to get out of the house. Friends are great for cheering you up.