Shrooms

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by creamsoda, Mar 26, 2003.

1. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

How do you grow shrooms? How do you use em? I'm not a shroomer but my friend is, and I need to stop him. He comes to class really high everyday, really bloodshot eyes, diolated pupils, and realy weird acting, sleepy and he has an F in almost evrysubject. I just want to know how he's doing it? So I can go over to his house and take it away. help him some how. or is he beyonf help?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Hallucinogens are no thx.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. moonman Registered Senior Member

He's probably on the :m:.
    See shrooming is not something you do every day, infact most people can't get an effect out of them for up to 1-2 weeks after a trip. Plus they are not addictive and frankly I can't see why anyone would actualy want to take them on a daily basis.

So it's likely that it's not just the shrooms, but a combination of other drugs perhaps LSD and more than likely :m:.
    I have never heard of anyone becoming a shroomhead let alone addicted to them.
    Your freind could be a junky, if so he needs more help than taking away his drugs, he will just get new ones. Talk to him about it.

But to answere your queries I would say he's growing them under his bed or in the basement or maybe in his closet, anywhere dark and damp. Often they are simply grown in plastic containers. You use them by ingesting the mushrooms, usualy a dose of 1-4 grams. Effects last about 6 hours.

Just do a search on the net, you will find tons of info.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Nobody who uses drugs is beyond help. It all depends on the user him/herself.

I do not think it necessaery to know how and where to grow shrooms to help him off of it.

If he doesn't want to quit himself, you will not succeed, no matter what you do.

Which does not say you should not try. Sometimes, miracles do happen....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Find a book

Honestly, there are several manuals on mushroom growing available to the public. It's actually a little too complicated to explain here; while I couldn't recite it off the top of my head, I've got somewhere a 1972 symposium on hallucinogenic mushrooms.

The biggest factors are a clean environment and a homogenous sample. A contaminated environment or heterogenous sample will wreck your efforts. Beware mail-order offers in High Times; some of them are actually stings by the Postal Service.

But I forget what the nutritional solution is, though I know you can grow them on a large sponge intended for stabilizing floral arrangements. Darkness ... cool temperature ... it's actually simple in itself, but a pain in the ass because it is a mechanical process in the fact that you must simply go through the motions in order to maintain crop quality.

I'll look up some titles on Google later.

:m:,
    Tiassa

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

In some countries in Europe they grow in nature. In the meadows and fields. All you need to do is go out and get them.

You do have to know what you are looking for exactly. To make sure you have the right mushrooms. There was this confusing similar looking mushroom, growing in the same places. It was not the right kind, though.

10. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

I doubt he has a shroom problem. Like said before, this is uncommon and little heard of. Maybe it's not drugs? Have you talked to him? Maybe there's family stuff going on, or something. It could just be pot, which is more or less harmless, but going to school under the influence of any substances is just plain silly. The best advice i can give is to talk to him, find out whats up, and then go from there..

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Whoops ... there is this part

Considering that in ten years I've never once grown mushrooms, but always bought them; and considering that my most irresponsible drug deal in history--twenty bucks for a forty-sack of shrooms so the poor bastard whom I didn't know could visit his friend and find some smack--turned out to be a pretty good trip ....

Eventually, his body will stop him. You can only do so much before your brain refuses. And when your brain refuses your body makes it impossible to eat more; you'll simply vomit every time you try. But I can't do mushrooms consistently; remember it's not a drug per se but a toxin. A damn fine one.

If he's tripped every day it might not be mushrooms.

Double-check the tired part. Mushrooms make you yawn, but that's because they have a massive effect on respiration. But yes, people would think you were extremely--perhaps critically--tired if you strung yourself out too much on shrooms.

It's hard to explain to people how casual drug users regulate each others' behavior. We don't like hard interventions, and the "Dear Abby" version of it that I can offer is to simply be a friend. Such a simple act as offering water--"I would imagine you're getting dehydrated about now"--can actually affect a person's behavior. It's a slow process, but if they don't push you away at that point, it is possible to have a direct but subtle effect. Essentially do what parents don't do: understand. Too often people are afraid to understand what someone is doing because they fear their understanding would appear to others as acceptance and endorsement. Thus we intervene and oppose the drug user because we don't want our friends to think we advocate his addiction. It's a tough dualism that need not be.

What do you think your friend is missing that he could possibly be replacing with drugs? More often than not, it's an issue of human contact.
    It's actually about sex, that song, but still, it seems to work in this context.

:m:,
    Tiassa

12. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

re: nature

psilcybe (magic) mushrooms grow in nature in the americas, too.. most notable in cow dung

there's another type of hallucinogenic mushrooms found in scandinavia and canada i think.. fly agaric.. amanitas muscaria.

oh, to the experienced (you can pm me if you want): do you think most mushrooms found on the street are grown by someone, or are picked?

One thing i could never understand about black market economics, they usually are logical, is how mushrooms cost wayy more than lsd. LSD is semi-synthetic, one of the hardest syntheses in the book. Mushrooms grow naturally and can be grown. Logically, LSD should cost more. But usually it cost 8 time less than mushrooms.. odd (5$USD vs 40$USD)

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

1) Go to British Colubmia
    2) Go to a field
    3) Look around

They grow everywhere, really. You just need to know what they look like, and where they grow.

As for your friend being on shrooms everyday - no way. A few others here have mentioned it, but it's just not possible. I can't explain it because I've never even tried, but doing shrooms three times in two days (most I've done) is ridiculously draining on the self. I couldn't have brought myself to do anymore after that.

Besides, if he's doing a big enough about of shrooms he'd probably be doing the odd thing that's too fucked up to belong in school. It's not a hard hallucinogen, but every so often you get things that totally either freak you out or amaze you. On shrooms I can stare at a wall for a good hour or two - and be quite entertained. It sounds more like he's just stoned all the time (which, obviously, is also hugely detrimental to school).

As for how you do them....
    They're mushrooms. You eat them.
    Well, they're poison. But they're poisonous mushrooms!

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

nenar; Just a guess, but acid can be made most anywhere. Shrooms need to be flown in to most cities.
    Go to BC, Canada and shrooms can be very, very cheap.

15. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Tyler,
    I will do that, the next time i'm in BC

i'll pick some, and we'll chill ok?

16. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

shit

OMG. Today, he was high AGAIN, and it was worst than yesterday. I asked him what the hell he got high from and he wouldn't answer, and just glared at me. He was so far gone, he just looked ...bad, his eyes were diolated, and they were bloodshot and, I'm so worried about him, it's making me sick.
    btw, it's probly not shrooms, now that I think of it. I think it's weed.

17. I would beat the shit out of him. I truly would if he were my friend.

18. Re: re: nature

I would think that they were picked, seeing that though innumerable unscrupulous dealers are able to produce marijuiana with minimal effort, fungus is more difficult to grow, and . . . well mushrooms are a form of fungus.
    As I postulated earlier, mushrooms are most likely picked from their natuaral environments, not manufactured.

Ergo, obtaining a new batch is probably quite a trying and tedious task; natural sources like remote, bucolic cattle fields are probably depleted quickly . . . you can only exploit so much bovine excretion . . . I'm not sure of that since I'm not exceedingly well-versed as far as fungus-proliferation goes.

Well, considering this fungus-collection as a rather difficult job, one can understand why "shrooms" would be so inconveniently costly.

Conversely, LSD, a synthetic drug, can be prepared in considerable quantities by any second year chemistry student with adequate supplies. This explains its relative cheapness.