Am I insane?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by creamsoda, Mar 25, 2003.

1. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Hey, I've had this "problem" for a while now. I'm in love with a robot. But the robot's not real it's a cartoon. I am IN LOVE. Am I insane? Seriously, I dream about him, I have daydreams about a robot. What's wrong with me....that's what I ask myself everyday. I'm so in love...with nothing. What's wrong with me??????? This isn't just some "oh isn't that a cute cartoon character, it's deep and it's dangerous, like a black haze that invades my mind, leading me to think random insane thoughts about somthing that deosn't exist. Help me. Please tell me what I can do to ease the pain.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yes You Are!!

Insane.
    No doubt about it.
    Seek help.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Are you related to Jessie?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

it is the fascination with unattainable perfection. someone has created a character that is not only fictitious, it is a cartoon so every trait is at the mercy of the artist. beyond that, it's a robot! there is no room for live human error. it is simply a perfect being you have fixated on. can't say that i blame you! it's like the fellow in greek mythology who fell in love with the statue he sculpted. out of curiousity, what is the character?

8. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Jessie? You mean Jess? Also known as completely obsessed with B.E.N. from treasure planet? That's me...don't know if that's who yah meant.
    Oh, and thankyou for that comforting post one_raven. At least I know the truth. Maybe now since I do not have the ability to love actual humans, I'll just go kill myself.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

How about filling in some of the blanks.

What do you and your cartoon robot love do together? Are you a cartoon too, or is the robot flesh and blood, or is it a Roger Rabbit kind of hybrid universe? Do you talk to each other? What about? Or is it mostly a visual fantasy, adventures and such?

How old are you if we might inquire? High school, college, twenties, older? What is the robot like? Does the robot do some great stuff that makes them admirable? Are they cute/ handsome/ beautiful? Gracious? Charming? Funny? Strong? Mature? Sexy? Silly?

Do you feel more free with the robot because it takes you away from the constraints of reality? Does the robot like you? Can you do neat stuff with the robot that you can't do in real life?

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I didn't realize you were seeking comfort.
    I thought you were seeking honesty.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I didn't say you don;t have the ability to love humans.
    I said seek help.
    If you didn't have the ability to love humans you would be beyond help, so it would be pointless.

But you did come here asking advice.
    That is a step towards seeking help.

Good Luck.

11. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Well...he's very silly, and kind of feminine. But I like him that way. NO, I am not a cartoon (how could I be writing this?) The robot, is sort of living...sort of not. Made of some kind of metal. He's funny. and happy. I feel hesitant to say my age, but I'm older than 13 and younger than 20.
    He takes me away from my stess, takes me to a place, a dark plae, a cold place, where he's the only warmth there. We love to talk and I like to kiss him, in my fancies. I'm sad, he is not really there....

12. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Oh, hey one_raven I was just being sarcastic, no ill feelings towards you. I've tried loving humans, but they don't love back. So I gave up.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What robot?
    Which cartoon?
    Bubblegum Crisis?

14. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

His name is B.E.N. from Treasure Planet. I like bubblegum...what does that have to do with anything. Oh well, this IS free thoughts...

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Bubblegum is also a cartoon.
    There is a robot that everybody thinks is human.
    I had Treasure Planet, but never saw it. I erased it after the first few scenes. Is it really good?

16. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

sounds like a parental issue to me :bugeye:

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Are you really in love with a cartoon robot?

18. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

hehe
    you sound like a cool person creamsoda

except for when you are asking if you are sane or not

Who cares? Embrace your robot love, make a cardboard version of this effeminate B.E.N character and attach a massive dildo to him, wheel him around town holding his hand and talking to him. The world needs more nutjobs, especially harmless and fun nutjobs like yourself

19. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

Oh my. I'm absolutely touched, you people are so nice and understanding. See, in my dreams/fancies (that seem real) I'm usually in that cold dark place, and the first thing I see is his eyes, gleaming green, luminescent. And they are so beautiful, even though he is just a machine. And I se him blink once and sort of just, cock his head to one side, and touch my face with his hand. It's metal, and a little cold, but warm too. And he acceps me, for who I am, doesn't care that I might be a little over weight or maybe have a few imperfections on my face, or have social issues, because i feel...happy.
    But the happiness goes wway when i realise it's just a dream, or a daydream, and then still unhappier when i realise that I'm probably slowly going crazy.
    He has this voice, god his voice. In the movie, martin short did his voice, and it's sounds kind of like that when I imagine him, but so loving and caring, and....it couldn't be real could it? No it's not. See here I am trying to get away from the truth again...

20. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

you're not alone....

Hey i fell in love with LULU after i saw her pic in Final Fantasy preview (by the way LULU is a character in the video game Final Fantasy 10). She is so hot but i don't dream about her...she's just eyecandy to look at...but you seem to have involved personal issues with this character in your mind. I say keep loving him, he'll turn out better than human love, just don't substitute him for human love. Also why him...there are a lot of hotter robots outhere (can't believe i said that). I recommend the Andriod 17 (Dragon Ball Z) sure he's evil and all but hey.....

21. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

Re: you're not alone....

hahahahahaha

22. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

The human looking types never attracted me. I don't like DBZ, I used to and then when I saw B.E.N. (robot that I love) it was like I woke up and didn't like DBZ anymore, and I had previously been obsessed with it. I literally woke up and didn't like it.
    I had a dream once about B.E.N. and that he was different (this was a nightmare) and his only purpose was to serve human needs, like a servant. I was very upset at this idea, because I don't want to believe that somebody made him for human service. I want to believe he had asome sort of purpose, and that he has a soul and, and do you see how real this is to me?

You people won't believe it when I show you a picture of B.E.N. You'll be like "Yep she's nuts."
    Just look.

23. creamsoda Registered Senior Member

and this one..

this ones a cuter picture I think. JUst...oh, just look at him. He's adorable.