what should I write about for a scholarship essay?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by SwedishFish, Mar 25, 2003.

1. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

after 4 years of these things i think i've exhausted my ideas. they want me to write about an experience to learn more about me in <=500 words.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Ok, are you ready?
    Now, get out your box of crayons, and some construction paper, preferable contrasting colors, but honestly, who cares?... Start scribbling. Spill something on there, perhaps your favorite food or drink. Crumple it up like you tried to throw it out a few times, as if it wasn't good enough, but you knew it was too honest and good not to keep and send in.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

Uniqueness

You create a poem that captivates others' minds and dramatically tells your story.

But first, think about what you want to write about. An obstacle that you have overcome? A unique experience that has taught you a valuable life lesson.

The key is uniqueness and the delivery of your essay. You must hold interest, write VERY WELL, and the story is captivating.

You know yourself best, don't write about trite things, somethign special. You can take about simlpy being a kid and exploring the backyard and compare it to how you will explore and conquer the world.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

less than 500 words....you could write an abstract for a scientific paper that has never been published, but pretend it has. And then use a hacker to insert it into the pubmed database. And then wait until people start citing it. (then they cite it based only on the abstract...naughty naughty scientific behaviour). And then write an 1000 word letter to nature describing this experiment and the current state of science..

grrr

8. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

I like spurios' idea!

Swedish, we might not be acting very helpful becuase they want you to write about an "EXPERIENCE to learn more about [YOU]" unfortunately, the ball is indeed in your court on this one... start using that noggin now, or you'll never be using it...

9. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i've already written about all my relevant experiences

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i'm telling you, they never change the essay topic. do you think they'll notice if i resubmit?

10. Azathoth Registered Senior Member

Make one up. Tell them something you dreamed you did. They'll never know.

11. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

try writing a fictitious story about this bunch of people bombing the shit out of this other bunch of people, with the first bunch claiming it's what the second bunch desires. On second thoughts, forget it, you'll be ridiculed.

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Great Idea...

Write about a dream you had where a man in Black leather coat gave you a red pill which woke you up i mean really woke u up. It turned out that the world you were living in was a fictious world made by computers to fool you so they could use you for energy supply...but you found out that rules of this fake world could be bent in you favor so you could defeat the computer world and restore the even worse world made by humans. You got spiffy new gear to help you along the way and also guntoting buddies by your side. You could call your self bob...or joe...or Neo or whatever you wish in your dream. I bet you would win the scholarship hands down. You might get a movie deal out of the story but i doubt it'll make a successful movie.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Write an essay about how scholarship essays suck, and are a waste of time. Good luck!