Lifes little ironies

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Halo, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

What are some of your little ironies that you see day to day?

One just occured to me as I was strolling down the hallway to take a pee pee.

Isn't it ironic that you wash your hands after you go to the bathroom only to open the door that someone else touched who didn't wash their hands?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Anti-war and peace protestors attacking people, police, and destroying things....

Libya the head of the Human Rights Commission...

Iraq the head of the U.N.'s Disarmament Commission...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Hmmm...I was sorta thinking on a smaller scale. But that works I suppose.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Isn't it ironic that I, who usually has something to say, cannot think of anything to say in a thread about ironies :bugeye:

8. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Thta's one of mine halo! It's also the same for using light switches and door handles and then touching something your going to eat with your hands.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Bill Gates. Halfway to being a trillionaire. By selling software of such poor quality that he couldn't have gotten a job as a janitor in a mainframe shop 30 years ago.

Texas. We love it. It's the essence of America. But it's given us three out of the last eight Presidents and they've all been absolute disasters.

Subscription TV. We waited so long for TV that WE would pay for instead of the advertising industry. So WE could choose the programs instead of the Neilsen company. We got the Real World, the Man Show, and wrestling.

10. sh1n3y Registered Senior Member

One of Life's Little Ironies...

Men and Women. Everything where the two interact to me is ironic.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

That's why you wash your hands after opening the door.

12. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

First, Bill Gates isn't even worth $50 billion. Halfway to a trillion is 500 billion. He isn't even 1/10th of the way to 1/2 the way to a trillion.

Second, hmm, I dunno. To me the irony is that for all the liberal crap in California, we got the best president in more than a century from California. Ronald Reagan.

13. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

discussing things without seeing, hearing, or knowing who we're talking to

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

that this forum is called sciforums

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I find it ironic that the there is no iron in my iron or in my ironing board.
    -cs

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Maybe the dollar value isn't anymore what is used to be?

17. ImRatbastard Registered Member

Isn't it ironic that...

18. ImRatbastard Registered Member

Isn't it ironic that...

Most of the situations in Alanis Morisette's song "Isn't it Ironic" are not ironic...just bad luck. Do you suppose she planned that when writing the song or simply doesn't know the meaning of the term ironic?

19. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

20. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

"isn't it ironic, don't you think.......it's like wayyyyyeeeyyyyyyyy hayyyyyyyyy"...oh sorry just started singing Alanis's song. Isn't it ironic that when you are strapped for cash you can't stop thinking about stuff to buy but when you do get some you can't seem to think of what to buy with that cash.

Isn't it ironic that The World series are called "The World series" but there are no foriegn teams playing in them, as if U.S was applying that that it was the world.....i don't if that's ironic...but it sure as hell is STUPID.

21. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Re: Bill Gates - almost a trillionaire?

Yea dude, seriously where do you get your info from.."$400 billion"...come onnnn all the richest people in us combined don't make up that much. Only the Gov has that much cash (actually way, way, way more than that).

Read Forbes...Bill Gates lost a lot of money...infact Sam Walton, CEO of Walmart inc was a the richest man for a while...till good ol Billy went back to the top.

22. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

Isn't it ironic that everyone wants to be different in just about the same way?

23. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

you're good