Repeating Threads....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by A Canadian, Mar 24, 2003.

1. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

does anyone else realize that threads are just simplying repeating themselfs....

im sure there is already 10 threads on "smokers" etc etc....
    about 50 on jokes and quotes.....

this spam is getting unbearable for me....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

lets try and do something about it poeple

check to see if a thread has already been started on the subject you are starting a thread on....
    it just makes things a whole lot easyer

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

sorry

I'm guilty of this one. I haven't been here long and don't look far past the first page so I don't know if it's been made already.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

I think by nature people are lazy, myself not excluded. Just like the advent of technology, we strive to do things better, faster, easier. Even tho the 'search' function on this message board is a new technology to let us search for posts that may have already been posted we are, once again, lazy bastards.

But yeah, sometimes I don't know which thread to reply too when I see multiples like that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

fastest and easyest way... it is human nature isnt it....

for example in the UFO threads poeple repeatly post threads saying CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE!!!
    i say unless you have a good story behind the pic then all them posts should be in the same thread

well as you can see sciforums is gonna be comming up with a archive section, tho it WILL clean up some of the repeated threads it still wont stop them from happing....

with this in mind, i ask the moderators to pay close attention to double threads.....

i once wrote a thread on "crop circles" and the moderator removed it to another thread that was already started... althought i wanted some insight into what i said directly and i was kinda pissed off for a short while, i am glad he did move it, after some thinking, becuase i realized it technicaly was spam...

FYI: we need more catagorys to posts threads. hasnt anyone else noticed that the "free thought" catagory is swarming is threads.... we need to spead them out a bit

BUT it is a sorta free speech thread... and to keep poeple happy you oughta let them say what they want how they want, as long as it aint offensive

but whatever