Smoker Anonymous

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sh1n3y, Mar 22, 2003.

1. sh1n3y Registered Senior Member

I wanted a place to vent about all the people that try to get others to quit smoking and all the people that make fun of smoking. If you don't like smoking then don't smoke. Also, you can't make decisions for other people. Get over it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jps Valued Senior Member

Quit smoking now! It will kill you!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ummm because your a drain on the public health system and because your smoking harms other people (like that basted who was smoking on the train next to a young mother with a baby)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

Not all smokers do that, mind you...

8. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

yeahh.. there are those asshole smokers who dont give a damm about other ppl and there the smokers who are more careful where they smoke... i dont need a lecture everytime i light up.. its bloody annoying... and its no fun not being able to smoke indoors either... i have to stand out in the cold every time i wanna have a fix.. not fair.. at least have a smoking section or something...

9. sh1n3y Registered Senior Member

I firmly agree. It's even worse when someone who used to smoke trys to lecture you when they should know better than most people how annoying it is and that their opinion isn't going to make you quit.

I also hate when non-smokers ride in your car and complain about the smoke. If you don't like it, drive your own car and don't make me waste my gas to hear you complain. It's not your right to complain in MY car.

10. Stoney.Hobbittess Registered Senior Member

I can sympathize with both 'non-smokers' and 'smokers.' I used to be a smoker but quit a year ago. During in the years of endulging in my habit. I was offended when people approached me to warn me of the risks as though I wasn't already aware of them. "OMG! Smoking causes cancer, emphazema, heart disease, and could cause low birth-weight babies if smoked while pregnant ?? Why don't that print that sh*t on the f*'in box? Ohh, yeah! And smokers still want to sue tobacco companies when they're aware of the risks? It, also, make me angry when the price for a box of cigarrettes increased to try to prevent teenagers from buying them! Increasing the price of cigarettes is beyond ridiculous, in my opinion! It just makes it more expensive for the parents to buy their cigarrettes that their kids steal. And, I'm sorry but a lot of 16 year old kids can't pass- off as 18 year old adults. Clerks will just have to plead stupidity for that. Grow up, let smokers enjoy themself until their death or if the smoker chooses to quit as I have done, let them do so in peace.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thanks for letting me rant.

11. Stoney.Hobbittess Registered Senior Member

Okay, that "Why don't they put that on the f*'in label" was a sarcastic remark, just to clarify.

12. jps Valued Senior Member

I'm all for resteraunts not being full of smoke(although I don't think it needs to be banned if they put in a good air filtrations system), but in NYC now they are banning smoking in bars! in BARS!! thats what people do in bars..drink and smoke....if you want to be healthy don't go to a bar.

13. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i agree with you jps... i could unerstand if thre were a few bars that decided to go non-smoking.. but i think its rediculous to do it to all of them. smokers have rights too.

14. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Player haters don't let the player play. Dat shit aint rite yo.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

do you know its illegal to be drunk on licence premise?

if we are that hard on DRINKING why not smoking

16. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

ummm.. asguard... its ridiculous to compare excessive smoking with excessive drinking... i've never gotten woozy in my knees after smoking... have u ever run into a person causin chaos in a bar cuz they smoked too many cigs?

they've banned smoking in bars in ontario for a long time now... just gotta slip one here and there without gettin noticed.. it really sucks... that's why a lotta smokers now frequent clubs with open air patios.. its still quite cold to go and have a smoke outside on a patio... but its still quite reasonable....

17. sh1n3y Registered Senior Member

I agree, bars are for drinking and smoking. I personally feel that all bars should have a "Non-Smoking NOT Available" rule, but in all fairness, if it is a bar/ restaurant then there should be some non-smoking in the restaurant area only. Make the non-smokers go outside to get their oxygen instead of the smokers to have a smoke.

18. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Who cares? One could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

19. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

The point is that smoking is intentional. Normal people don't try to walk in front of a speeding bus. Smokers choose to ignore the health factors and place the taste of a cig at a higher priority than their health and their pocket books. It's kind of like saying "I love walking so much that I should just walk out into this busy traffic and get hit by a bus...and lose $10 in the process" :bugeye:

20. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Yeah smoking can be described like this. Some might say that smoking is like saying publicly "I know it will kill me and I don't care. I want to die". However is the individual smoker really saying this? Is the drinker saying "I know it will numb my brain and destroy my liver and kidney's but I don't care"?

21. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

yes.. it is an intentional habit... that doesnt give anyone else the right to constantly badger us about it... the issue is that non smokers make this a much bigger deal than it is... wat about ppl living in big cities that are so polluted... they inhale more crap than ppl smoking next to them for a few mins... i agree that it is upon the smoker to be careful to exercize that habit... just dont make it impossible for us to enjoy a good fag....

and the point about bein hit by a bus wasn't about intent or anything... its alludes to the fact that we might just die tomm... so wat the heck... smoke and enjoy... it might be your last...

22. wesmorrisbabe Ethusiastic bistander Registered Senior Member

Okay, I've gotta ask a dumb question. Is the non-smoking rule just applied to restaurants or are bars using that rule too? Haven't been to a bar nor a restaurant in a long time because of my busy schedule. Boy I suck!

23. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

It would be much easier and healthier to have sex before you die tomorrow, or chat on sciforums before you die. Maybe smoke and have sex while chatting on sciforums is the way to go out.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Are there anything unhealthy about having sex more than usual or chatting on sciforums more than usual?

Yup, he sure is. Everyone should accept the repercussions for their actions, even in killing your own body.