have you ever dreamed....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by NightFall, Mar 21, 2003.

?

have you?

1. yes, ive dreamed of Sci People

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No, i have a life

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ok ok, i know what you're all thinking "Gah!! another damn dream thread". but this one isn't just a thread, its a poll!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyhow, the other night i had an odd dream, and the characters were all SciPeople. its the second time ive had a dream like this, and yes i know it means i have so little of a life, ive been dreaming about the internet.. -sigh-

Anyhow, has anyone else ever had dreams with people from sciforums in them, and if so, did the people look the same as they do in their pictures, or was there someone in your drems that wasn't in the pic thread?

Just for fun and curiosity.. and hoping im not the only one...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Energy Registered Senior Member

No, I can't honestly say that I have, but I'm a relatively new member to the board. I have a habit of entering into my dreams anything that I engage in for more than an hour a day over at least a week or two, though, so I have no doubt Mystech and others will begin popping up in my nightly terrors.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Cool.
    What was your dream?
    Peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Err..no, I can honestly say I cannot recall any dreams with SciPeople in it. That does not mean that I haven't for sure as you cannot recall every single dream you have.

But the other night I did get my finger shot off in a dream and my finger still feels weird, like it's not there. Like a ghost limb, but opposite

8. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

hmmm....i dont think i have had a dream with sci characters either...but i do dream some very weird dreams... most of them are recurring and there's this one dream in which i'm walking and i trip and fall and i wake up with such a start!

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

sorry

sorry no dreams with you people in them, especially because i don't know any of you people personally or even remotely at all. Infact i can't even remember my dreams...is that bad?

10. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ugh?!!??!

i am a loser...

cool skill: i wont give any specific details...
    lets just say i had a crush.. funny though... its not someone i've ever found myself interested in.. lol..

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

well yea, one with star in it *blushes*

12. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

yes im not a freak! im not a freak!

13. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

oooh!

i believe you...

14. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

what i get for openenin up to all of ya... lol...

lord knows what ill dream tonight.

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I don't think you're a loser.
    Furthermore, it takes courage to acknowledge that you dream about the forum.

16. JimMik Registered Member

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

At times I'll start fantasizing about the future, because most of the time I cannot stand to be where I am during the present. A week or two ago I had a dream that I was looking at myself in the mirror as a man aged about forty or fifty. I was laughing--because I was remembering where I am now, and remarking upon how wonderful it was to be beyond that stage and what I've always wanted to be--a person who is content with what he has done and what he has garnered throughout his life, whether it be a perfect wife, a few kids, a succesful career, whatever. I was happy and content, and I was laughing, and my face was wrinkled. I still had my hair. The dream may have been three or four seconds long, but I did get a huge amount of information from it. At the time, I was of course feeling frustrated with being so young and unable to accomplish various "feats" that adults can. Somehow I think that in the future this event actually occurs, one day, maybe in the morning, I'll wake up and look into the mirror in the bathroom, I won't have turned on the lights yet, and I'll see all of this, start laughing, and then get a feeling of deja~vu. I don't doubt that I'll have forgotten the dream itself when I had it, and also that I'll have left sciforums a long time ago, for one reason or another--probably its destruction. These words I'm typing now will no longer exist.

I can only hope that this was somewhat precognitive.

On friday morning I dreampt that I was Spider Man, or, more or less, could shoot webs around and fly (I never really made the connection of being spider man). I woke up wearing my pants on backwards, which was, I think, both very odd and very fortunate, because if I had tried to put them on forwards and zipped them up in my sleep then I would have had a fairly rude awakening, you might say.

I think I've had a few dreams here and there about sciforumers, but I can't remember any of them. They may have been more like feelings. Nightfall, who did you dream about, eh?

18. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

^^look buck-o

since i started this thread, i figured it to be the best one to put this in. if you want a sig, pay for it like the rst of us. otherwise, putting meaningless one-liner posts in different threads just to have a reason to stick on your site-addy is spamming.

fine print: just another note, if you do pay for your sig, dropping pointless one liners to get it seen will still probably piss some people off.

19. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Gee, I'm sorry....

20. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

hahaha! you think id tell? never.
    all i will say is this: this person is in the top 50 posters. lol. well, actually, there were two SciPeople, but it fits for both of them. It makes sense that you'd have crazy dreams though Mr. Vee, since you are so creative.

21. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

pollux, you know i wasn't talking about you silly, you just hit enter before me. thats why i went back and added the second "^". lol.

22. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The end of a poem--

The sun now rises, our separate lives spurn
    In reality we depart but in dreams we return

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I had a dream where I killed Thor, and then stole his girlfriend.

Also, I dream about Xev on occasion... Whips... Chains... Ya know, the normal stuff. :bugeye: