human from monkey ??

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by professor, Mar 21, 2003.

1. professor Registered Member

I BELIEVE HUMAN WAS CREATED BY A "SUPRANATURAL" POWER THAT MAKE US SO "SPECIAL" THAN OTHER CREATURES. IT CANNOT BE EXPLAINED BY EVOLUTION THEORY. HOW ABOUT YOU, GUYZ ??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

some proof and evidence would be nice?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums, professor.

While speculation is fine, folks here will want something to show on it. In otherwords if you would turn this into something, they will want to know your sources. This seperates the crackpots for those who really have something to say and a basis from which to start.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Q25 Registered Senior Member

question;do you ever eat bananas?
    monkeys love bananas

btw aint all creatures special?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: human from monkey ??

No way humans is betta cuz we can buy beer, it sez so in da bible

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Personally I think we are just as low as all the other life on this planet. I feel for humanity to go beyond this we need to design a successor that’s better then this talking monkey stage we are in.

I so love this pic its explains my fears and hopes for the future in more then 1000 words.

10. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

That picture is excellent

I'm not sure I can make myself look at it as a "chilling vision of things to come" though, its too damn funny

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

leave it to the new generation to wish to commit genocide with the entire human race for the sole reason that they are obsessed with cyborgs and star trek (and possibly seven of nine).

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

spuriousmonkey,

Actually us talking monkey will kill are selves off... the cyborgs, robots and biorobots of the future will most likely get as far away as possible from us. Also you have to consider how much cheaper space travel will be from them, considering how little mass they need, lack of life span and time limits and ability to travel by EM transmittance. Since these things will not have selfish desire: killing people to protect them selves will not be reasonable. Also I'm sure people would put up protocol in AI tp prevent such revolts.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

river-wind,

I think all but proffesor here agree with you... would you like me to link you to a theology forum so you can wack some faithful people? I would love a extra hand in that.

14. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

River-wind, all the posts of yours that I have read have been awesome. We seem to share similar perspectives.
    I agree, if you go outside you can see evolution, I don't even think I needed darwin, its just too obvious. It seems the main problem people have with it is they think "it belittles human beings", how ego-tystical

If you ask me it excuses people for being the lousy species they are. This way its not our fault.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

This picture is actually one of those examples in which evolution is portraited as being a progressive process. In this case the progressive march we have undertook from a puny lizard to monkey, to man, and finally to the perfect state of 'super-robot'.
    Many people have struggled against these kinds of false depictions of evolution (for instance S.J. Gould), but as we can see here the image is difficult to remove from our current culture and once again shows that ignorance rules our minds.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Its true evolution is not a progressive process because the controlling factors (the environment) is variable and not constant. Even so if the needed for greater intelligence, stability of social order and technological development continues for another hundred years or so we will have robots, cyborgs and biorobots of a superior nature to us in most ways. The thing is normal humans will remain and most people will not convert. This will leave a division between Homo sapiens and our progeny that will likely lead to problems (on are part).

Robotics, cybernetics and biorobotics are a form of unnatural Lamarckian evolution and their evolution is very different form natural Darwinian evolution.

17. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

What would be the logic behind making human-like robots? Seriously I don't see them ever doing that, maybe one because they can but they would never mass produce them, its just too easy to make real people

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes, but there is logic in making humans INTO robots... Immortality is a very lucrative business opportunity.

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

oh I get it, actually I can see that happening, but it will always be exclusively reserved for the extremely wealthy and they will be despised by the poor, it will lead to a man vs machine war, unfortunately the robot's will over-power the weak human forces who will be heavily outgunned on account of their lack of funds, the surviving flesh-humans will be used as slaves and their bodies as resources for decades, until one man .... james van der beek, decides he wants his planet back...

I want my planet back
    coming in july
    starring james van der beek
    & paulie shore

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No, humans make bad slave we will just die off... or maybe the "new" humans would be kind enough to just leave and leave us to or own devices.

21. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

I increasingly believe that we are the result of evolution and that life began with the suns energy heating the earth (the planet that is) to create single celled sugar/protein/chemical beings, which were probably water based, whose existence was a consciousness-less one seeking only chemical exchange but which grew to give us life on earth as we now know it. Looking at the statistics it seems that while there are varying percentages of water make-up given for the planet earth (ranging from 60%-71%) and for the human body.

Couldn't a statistical test be done to estimate the significance of the hydrological make-up at a cellular level in all life on earth (not just conscious life) compared to the planet itself? Maybe this has this been done.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Charles Fleming,

I don't see the connection there between water percentage in humans and the amount of water that covers the earth.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

there is quite a lot of variation in the water percentage of species. For instance, a kangaroo rat is made up of 65% water, a frog approximately 88% and a jellyfish about 98%. I don't know if this is also a reflection on the actual cellular watercontent in these animals, or if they just have more 'dry' material outside the cells.

edit: some typos

Last edited: Apr 4, 2003