I cry for the world

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Weallneedtocare, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Weallneedtocare Registered Member

When I browse the message boards and see things like this:
    Should we be Veg? and this Another Veg , I seriously cry for the world. How can anybody expect anything good to come from this Earth if all we do anymore is go around killing? Do people even care about whats going to happen to us? Does anybody think of the world we're leaving behind for future generations?
    No, I am not going to shove vegetarianism down your throats. This has been done, and has apparently failed.. in some ways. Yes, more people are turning over a new leaf and making the switch every day, but on the same turn the psuedo-omnivores are getting more hostile.
    "my biggest problem as a vegetarian has not been the food--which I've found to be delicious and every bit as satisfying as meat--but the bewildering attitudes of my family and friends.
    Why make any life on earth suffer if it can be avoided. The argument of "it tastes good" is no longer revelant. When there are tasty alternatives, why make others suffer? My motto is "Respect life- all of it." Once again, I cry for the world.

Einstein was very intelligent. Einstein was a vegetarian. Put it together.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's true. They get so hostile because they feel vegetarians are threatening them by not eating the same as they do.
    They see that as an attack on their own morality, get a bit struck by guilt, and attack back to cover up the feeling of guilt.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"My motto is "Respect life- all of it." "

Good. Glad you can notice that this is just your philosophy and that not nearly everyone holds it.

"Einstein was very intelligent. Einstein was a vegetarian. Put it together."

I take you know absolutely nothing about debate.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

So, by your rationale, we should kill Jews because Hitler, who was obviously intelligent, did it.

Why don't you tell animals to stop killing each other? If killing is done in nature, why is it so different when we want to do it? Because we don't need meat?

Humans do a lot of things that we don't need to do.

*EDIT*

BTW, welcome to Sciforums

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

We aliens of course know better..

9. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

For the most, I'd agree. But that anal probe last night felt a tad bit unecessary!

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, that anal probing must go...I will take it up on the next meeting.

11. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

Thank you!

I'm sick of role-playing with you damned sex-crazed alien freaks. Last night we played "Alien Invasion." They certainly did come, but it wasn't at all peaceful

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Well Nebula does make a good argument. We shouldn't kill animals for fur coats, that's just self righteous indulgence but killing them for meat kinda fits in the order of nature. You're obiously considering Humans as some ascended species, above animals that killing them would be beyond us. We are and furthermore shall continue to be animals, just reall advanced ones compared to another animals.

Yes, that anal probing must go...I will take it up on the next meeting

hey hey come on now anal probing is neccessary and vital for aliens to know about us....

13. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

What, pray tell, do they need to know that can only be resolved by shoving a cold metal prod directly up our...

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I'd first like to clarify that I'm not offended by your 'logic'. All that I want is for you to explain why I should adapt to your lifestyle?

I like meat, and will continue to eat it because it's enjoyable. Meat also adds to my health in ways more accesible than soy--whether we're talking about beef, poultry or what have you. I also believe that killing animals is okay if done humanely. What's the problem there? I seriously cry when people criticize something ethical, ON ethical grounds.

Does it matter to me that there are substitues? No. Do I care if Einstein was a vegetarian? No. Can the Earth survive if we continue to harvest animals? --Why not! Sustainable industries are--sustainable

I promise you that I will not try to pressure vegetarians into eating meat. If they feel any pressure, it's probably out of their watching me, and I'm not about to lay off the goods for anyone.

15. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

Guiltless Grill?

Again, pointing to Maddox, who has all the answers to all the questions.

16. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I see what you mean "weallneedtocare" , people don't seem to think about the future.
    But becoming a vegatarian really does nothing to help the planet earth, at all.
    Food is actually a fairly valid reason to kill animals and would only make up a tiny percantage on the pi-chart of "why/how people kill animals".
    Its because we kill them for reasons outside of food that is the problem. Primarily we kill them by taking away their land. We really do need to figure out how to stop doing this, the best idea I have seen is having farms in tall skyscrapers. Tall skyscapers seem like they could be the answer for the future in every way.
    Also there should be no such thing as a commercial fishing industry, this is obvious, any fish we want to eat should also be farmed. The oceanic eco-sytem simply cannot survive our pillaging and as soon as one species is taken out we'll see a serious domino affect that will probably end with us.
    We are stealing food off something for every single fish/prawn/whatever we take out of the ocean because it was never meant for us. Imagine if all the grocery stores slowly started getting emptier and emptier and eventually nothing was in them and you had to travel far to find another grocery store only to find out that grocery store was also running low and so on.
    This is what is happening in the ocean and we(humans) are sitting up here chuckling over dinner with friends and eating a sharks groceries while not even thinking about it. We seriously ARE jerks.
    I don't know how much evidence the powers that be need before they realise the human lifestyle needs a serious makeover. How long can we continue like this? Probably about 50 years, seriously. And by then most things will be in danger of extinction. More than you think are on the inevitable path right now, but no one cares for some reason, it spins me out everyday how ignorant people can be.

Why is the war in iraq such a tragedy? Compared to what we are all doing everyday? It isn't! Its a trivial little bit of nothing, but we can see those children crying so our(self-proclaimed) massive hearts are like "oh this is horrible, we simply must protest blah blah blah" mean while a pack of dolphins goes hungry again after simply not being able to find any food anywhere, and no organistaion is sending them grain or five dollars a day.

Frankly ,as far as the future of the world and its inhabitants goes, a war is a blessing, like rain on a drought strickened savanah. More people need to die and fast or this planet is fucked and everything in it(including people) will be gone.
    It makes me so mad when I see greenpeace protesting war straight after claiming they want to save endangered species. It can't happen, there is no possible way for people to keep living and multiplying peacefully without destroying the planet.
    God I seriously hope something drastically decreases the human population and very soon, a world war is the best I can hope for at this stage but aids gaining the ability to become airborn would also be beneficial. Something.

17. immane1 Registered Senior Member

Keep crying. The world moves on with or without you.

18. Commandore Zippy Kender Legionnaire Registered Senior Member

Meat good. Veggies okay. Rice da bomb.

It all about the food chain. Somebody's got to be on top and we happen to be there. It the laws of nature - survival of the fittest. Besides, we have more urgent matters to take care of. Ozone layer, Nuclear missles, overpopulation, etc., etc.

19. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

How else would they find out that 1 in 3 actually enjoy it?

20. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i guess the food chain thing makes sense if you're living in the wild and hunt your own food. but most people go down to the local supermarket to hunt down some chicken cutlets. i know how to nourish myself properly without killing things. if you don't want to learn, fine. if we're all on a plane together and it goes down on a snowy mountain, i'm going to be the first to bite into your leg. mmm drumsticks. humans are just meat, not superior to any other animal.

21. Commandore Zippy Kender Legionnaire Registered Senior Member

Hey. Just because I eat meat doesn't mean I don't know how to live without it. You veggie heads are mean.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

tsk tsk...murdering is murdering

rip a plant out of the soil...destroying his roots...tearing up his leaves chopping it to bits...when it is alive!!!....boiling it...when it is alive...

it is all destruction and mayhem...

the same for eating animals....

all murder and torture and manipulation of nature...

let's not pretend that vegetarians are less cruel or malicious than meateaters...we are all in the same boat.

anyhoo...we just murder to satisfy the bacteria in out guts...they are too blame really...not us...

23. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

Actually, I survived a few months being totally vegetarian (although for health reasons, not moral ones). Decided that was silly, I eat some chicken and fish now (although I'm not too fond of red meat...ucky).