Videos of past broadcasts

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by eddie monkey, Mar 17, 2003.

1. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

There was a television special on CBS about six years ago that I taped, but I lost the cassette. Is there any way I can buy a tape of the event? Are videos of events/programs for sale by television corporations? Is there any way I can see this broadcast again?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of a media professor's closet, you might be lucky enough to find what you want. Or perhaps a library, preferably the specified section in a media oriented University.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

Probably not. The broadcast I'm looking for was a beauty pagent (yeah, yeah- sexist pig this, sexist pig that).

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Actually probably, I studied media in college. We watched some stuff like that. "How women are portrayed in the media." Yup, gotta have those ethics classes.

8. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

Still, there probably aren't any videos with the 1997 Miss Teen USA pagent on them in my university's library.

9. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

You might be surprised what you'll find.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Does this wet your palette? And, can you name these people, thier ages, and places of birth? If you answered yes to the latter one then you are a stalker of some sort... but here goes...

11. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

Weiser, there are fuzzy images on the Internet from that pagent, and I've found them, but now want a tape of the actual broadcast. All I can remember was how great the swimsuit pagent was...best I've ever seen...and the winner that year was Miss Teen Tennessee Shelly Moore (I think she was next to last in the swimsuit pagent, and looked great

). Still, all that will appease me is a tape of the broadcast, but your picture is appriciated.

12. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Send these folks an email, snail mail, telegram, morse code asking if they know where you can get a copy. They must have copies for sale somewhere.

http://www.pageant.net/contact.htm

13. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

Thanks. I'll be sure to give it a try.

14. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

(Eddie monkey look at our post counts. :bugeye:

)

15. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Wow, and you had nine less days since the short time I've been here.

16. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

Yes, that was noticed, and I'm the kind of person who makes several one line or one paragraph replies, which greatly increases my speed. Many others are like this, as well.