Expedition in search off Aquatic Apes.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by SciAuthor, Mar 17, 2003.

1. SciAuthor Banned Banned

Expedition in search of Aquatic Apes (fossils).

A question by Q (Gurn?) in a lively debate about AAT persuaded me to write a letter to Elaine Morgan.

No expeditions have taken place to the Danakil Alps and none are being planned as far as she knows.

So, who is up for a mission to Ethiopia? If we can raise the funding. I was thinking of maybe a donation scheme to raise money. If I can interest Elaine and she offers to help promote it we might succeed in getting an expedition organised. Just wanted to guage peoples interest. Anyone care to offer an opinion?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, I am serious.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spookz Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SciAuthor Banned Banned

Yes, but I solidly believe in the AAT. Elaine told me that Hardy always wanted to see an expedition to Danakil Island. There could be caves there rich in protohuman remains. Getting permission to go dig in Ethiopia was always difficult in the past but today it might not be such an impossible task. I've read a lot of the articles bashing AAT and only a couple gave me pause to wonder. The only criticism I would agree with totally is the lack of fossil evidence. There is a big hole in the fossil record that needs filling. A trip to Danakil Island might yield nothing but if it did prove AAT correct we would have to rewrite human evolution. The Savannah Hypothesis wouldn't be thrown out of the window. We would just have to add a new chapter between treedweller and savannah hunter. Talk can only go so far. Without digging for supportive evidence the arguments will go nowhere. A concentration of apes cut off from the rest of the species for millions of years should have left abundant fossils assuming conditions are right. It might be proved conclusively one way or the other.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2003
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.