Fight

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Eminem, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Eminem Banned Banned

Hey yo people...In uni today i nearly got into a fight with some big fat type of guy...I'm just about 5'8" and just normal built, not skinny or fat...I work out and shit but I ain't big or nothing...anyways this guy is like twice the size of me and offered to fight me coz it got heated..i shitted myself and backed out and now i feel like a dick...

If you are going to fight someone who is twice your size..how would you go about it?...

I was thinking like maybe targeting a certain part, like keep on targeting his legs and taking him down like that?

Any help please?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Eminem Banned Banned

Oh im new here too...so hi!...lol

I'm a 19 year old guy from London...sorry for being rude and just starting with a topic like this but i kinda need help with it...thnx

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

well, technically he would whoop ur ass if he's twice as big as you... but as we all know, if you kick him in the nuts, he's gonna lie on the ground and squeal like a baby...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

You need a crash course in Ikido

8. Eminem Banned Banned

Yeah he is seriously twice my size...but the nuts is a good target, i was thinking of like keep going for his legs...coz im much faster then him...he's big but slow...

whats ikido?..i thought it was aikido...

9. Energy Registered Senior Member

Hm...

I wouldn't suggest Aikido or anything like that for you. It's a fine art, but it takes a great deal of training, many years, to become combat effective, and even then it wouldn't help against a trained opponent because it requires the Uke to make the mistake first. If you really want to learn to deal with bigger guys, try one of these methods:

A) Learn how to not get them riled up.
    B) Build your body muscle mass and eat healthy, so as to become a bigger guy.
    C) Learn a martial art that provides quick gains in self defense abilities, such as the practical Krav Maga, the leg-intensive Muay Thai, or the ground-fighting system Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

10. Lord_Tigersloth Registered Senior Member

Or just aim for the nuts, and then poke him in the eye!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

Oh I must have missed the A... :bugeye:
    I don't know anything about martial arts not to mention spelling them...

About the big guy, yeah, the nuts is probably the best spot to strike. Also try the eyes... Never been in a situation like that before, so I'm not the one you should be listening to anyway...

12. Neville Registered Senior Member

Just smack him as hard as you can straight in his face

. If you hit him right (with you fist hitting his face at a slight angle) and catch his nose towards the bottom you could snap his nose i.e. break it and there is no way he will be abel to fight you then, at least not until his nose heals. If the nose has been broken once it doesn't take much to break it again, so if he does come after you you have a weak spot right there

13. Distortion melted down Registered Senior Member

One thing that really helps with fighting bigger buys is being super-aggressive and confident. Basically, turn yourself into the predator. Instead of you being the person cowering when he says 'I'm going to kill you' look him straight in the eye can tell him that you're going to rip him to shreds...

If you are going to start the fight, that's the best way to do it. Otherwise, completely forget what I just told you

As for how to go about it - why fight in the first place? What is their to gain? What are you risking?

If you want combat-knowledge, obviously martial arts is the way to go, although there is nothing in the world that will make you into a better fighter in 30 seconds. Just like there is no magic pill that will make fat people lose weight.

Personally, I do Hapkido (think of it as well rounded military-style aikido), Ninjitsu (vicious, dirty, direct, aggressive, well-rounded), and Kali (weapons fighting).

Any of those would be good choices for learning how to 'fight', but like I said, there is no magic pill. If you trained hard in one or all of those for a couple of months, you'd have a good bet of doing a lot better in a fight. But that's it - it would increase your chances.

Perhaps, if you studied for a couple years, then you could easily handle the guy you're talking about, but don't expect anything magical.

I suppose if you've already made up your mind and you're going to go and try fight the guy tomorrow, I could tell you a few general targets to aim for, and a few basic things to do..

But until I know why you want to fight the guy, what's the point?

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Aikedo is primarily an art of self-defense. It's a good martial art, but if you want to learn to fight Judo or Tae Kwan Do is probably better.

15. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Well, sad to say I got into my first fight yesterday and from that experience I'd have to say have a few buddies with you

Is it fair? No. Will you win? Most likely.

16. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I fought a massive dude once. We were both 15 but he was a grade lower than me. He was really tall and really fat and he had red hair like those "o-doyle rules!" guys from that adam sandler movie.
    It was one of those super planned fights where you know about it for 4 days before and it was really bad because both his friends and mine were saying "man, i wouldn't go through with it if I were you" and everyone was telling me he'd been doing kung-fu for 4 years so by the time I got to fight him I was shitscared.
    Also, because it was planned, everyone in the school knew about it so about 200 people followed me and the oaf around the school grounds looking for a good place to fight, this added to the nerves factor.
    We decided to fight on the main football oval and a ring formed around us of about 400 people and that amount just kept growing because everyone saw the huge crowd on the oval and ran up. It sucked because alot of girls were now there too.
    But when we looked at eachother I realised he was at least AS nervous as me so I just ran up and king hit him in the side of his fat head and his eyes went icey, I got all excited and danced around him repeatedly punching him in the head, and his swings were so slow that it was really easy to weave them, just as a teacher broke through the crowd he did land one hit on me and it was pretty heavy, he busted my lip but by that time his face was pretty much a canvas of blood.
    We got dragged down to the principal who said we have to spend our next few months worth of lunchtimes picking up trash off the playground.
    It was funny, that loser actually did it and I would laugh at his lame garbage manish ass every lunch time.

Anyway, the thing is, most people are scared of fighting but do it anyway, if someones scared and you decide you aren't going to be, you have a much greater chance of winning.
    This guy outweighed me by about 100 lbs and studied kung-fu but I had a hundred times more experience in the art of planned schoolyard fights and I knew to never let him see how scared I was, I acted overly confident from day one and this would have really freaked him out.
    Don't worry about "targeting his legs", it never goes as planned, when you get into the fight all that means is you'll probably kick him once in the shins and then start flailing wildly like you would have anyway. Might as well start flailing from the get go, just make sure he thinks that you think you're going to win.

17. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

R2P's fighting tip #1:

Always fight somewhere that you can pick something up and use it as a weapon (if you can decide where the fight takes place).

18. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

Get a brain and buy a gun.

19. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

heh, if you're gonna go with weapons, go with a blade, its more fun. and leaves less evidence.

20. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

reformed;

I challenge you to a duel. I'll use my gun and you use your swiss army knife. We'll see what happens.

21. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

hey now, if you have a gun, i'll take a gun too thank you. i'm assuming your opponent is unarmed.

i challenge you to a REAL dual. Fencings the game, foil.

22. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

aluminum foil?

23. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

lol. no no no.

foil, the trad sword of fencing. since you didn't even know that, i'd obviously make you my bitch.