Who Here Is Racist?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by qwerty222, Mar 16, 2003.

1. qwerty222 Top Dancer Registered Senior Member

You need to grow up!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

*nods* good point

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. qwerty222 Top Dancer Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry but my mate who goes on here told me about a comment someone on here made about Asian people. And it made me angry!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. qwerty222 Top Dancer Registered Senior Member

So no one here is racist? I find that hard to beleive.gendanken.

8. Neville Registered Senior Member

I'm not racist but it does annoy me when 'foreigners' walk around and act as if they own the place. It's attitude more than anything: it's not about skin colour or features. If two people were acting in the same way in a manner that was contrary to popular behaviour, for me, it is not so about their physical appearance but about them. It seems to me that in society where 2 people from the same culture who value the same things are opposed on an issue a medium can be reached because of common ground and an understanding of boundaries of certain things etc. Where there is disagreement between 2 people from different cultures then a 'jilt' is formed because there is no understanding becuase of the different value systems and basis for beliefs. It's not 'racism' in my eyes but more of a culture difference.

9. man_of_jade Psychic person Registered Senior Member

Racism killed millions of people. No way Im gonna help history repeat itself.

10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I've noticed people that are talking in another language usually talk louder then everyone else around them... is that just a cultural thing or what? I'll be sitting on the train, and everyone is having there quiet conversations. Then 2 people get on who speak another language, and proceed to talk REALLY loud.

The only thing worse is when a group of highschool kids get on and start screaming.

11. Rutty Registered Senior Member

qwerty222 i totally agree, there appears to be numerous threads on here suggesting that the intelectual members that people have all lead us to believe that they are, are nothing but racists. Why should the colour of someones skin make them any less of a person? It is just like saying; qwerty222 i hate you because your hair is brown and mine is blonde. How would you people like it if someone was to go around insulting the colour of your skin? It is no bodys fault their skin is a different colour, they were born like it, they can hardly help it can they?
    It appears to me that not many people have replied to this thread as they are ashamed to admit the truth. If you go on such threads as the one with the "asian" comment on, there is at least 3pages of people all arguing which colour or race of people are the sexyest. Yet none of them can reply to this thread because they are down right racist. I happen to think some asian girls are extremely pretty (not in a sexy way to me obviously because i am a girl and NOT a lesbian) They are just like all different colours and races of people, some are pretty, some are down right hideous, you can't judge a whole group of people because of a few of them or because of their skin or beliefs, and if you feel you can, you need to think the logic of it all through, because as I and i'm sure many other people see it, there is no logic to it.
    Racisn is illegal and i think it would do you all good to remember that next time.

12. Rutty Registered Senior Member

[Racisn]

before any of you complain about this, i obviously meant racism.

13. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

Racism is not just. Even if one person in a certain group doesn't have the hate-arousing characteristics which cause you to hate that group, you cannot hate that group.

For instance, I hate a group known as "racists" because there are no exceptional hippy-racists. They hate me - I hate them.

14. Rutty Registered Senior Member

i'm not sure i follow, are you trying to say that you can't hate a group of racists because some members of the group may just be going along with it? And i am sorry but i fail to see that the quote earlier on this page wasn't racist.

15. Rutty Registered Senior Member

you are everywhere.

16. Neville Registered Senior Member

This is the kind of thing I had in mind when I posted. I don't think it's cultural because a few English teenagers do it too, it's just that if english teenages are annoying people they know how to deal with it (because they'r english!)

I also notice how some Asians use the 'your racist' line very easily. For the slightest thing it can be brought up, but this is by no means all of them. It's a minority actually, in my opinion. A small minority.
    Me too!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry, I phrased my opinion badly. What I meant was that it's not enough to justify hatred to a certain group by saying that "most" of the individuals in that group have the characteristics that arouse your hate towards them. Even if one individual in that group doesn't have those characteristics, you can't hate the group.
    I said I hate racists because this group, called racists all have that hate-arousing characteristic of hating others because of what they are, that's why hating racists is not racism...
    Something like that...

18. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I remember this historical flamewar in alt.sex.fetish.asian or something where some asian guy was spitting fire about those white guys talking dirty about "his sisters" and the lack of respect etc etc. The funny thing is that "his asian sisters" did not want to be "protected" at all by this self-appointed brother...

Those who aren't racist cast the first stone.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  19. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

:: picks up a stone::

oh the people here aren't that bad. a few nuts with some "slight racial steroetypes". but everyone does that to some degree.

20. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I am racist because I like blondes.