Choose Poligamy

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by beth, Mar 16, 2003.

1. beth Registered Senior Member

I think poligamy is an answer to a lot of problems in modern society.

One of the perks of poligamy is that you can never really "cheat" on your wife, thereby reducing the amount of potential emotional harm.

With Bush's WWIII approching soon the number of men in the world will be dramatically reduced. Therefore if men double up on wives or even triple up lesbianism would be reduced. Women would be less lonely.

No spinsters.

The gene pool would be greatly reduced, limiting chances of creating inferior species.

whole new religions could be created.

Its a beautiful thing.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Do you really think that a woman who is a lesbian would be MORE likely to be with a man if he has 2 or 3 other wives?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

if a girl is atracted to girls (only) there is NO way she will go with a guy if given a free choice

no more than a guy who likes only guys would

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Or it could be concentrated with a bunch of shit (dpending on who breeds faster).

Trash attracts trash.

8. Neville Registered Senior Member

lol. Good point one_raven! I think there currently 2 women for every man (population wise) in the world. Maybe the war will be a good thing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  9. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

quote "I think poligamy is an answer to a lot of problems in modern society".

Only if the women are silent,psychopantic,and do everything the man wants......you obviously havn't been married, one woman is bad enough for an ear bashing!!

, however it may be fun to have 5 sexual partners

10. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ummm... if there are 5 girls to every 1 guy... wouledn't that mean MORE lesbians?? .. but im likin' your theory.

11. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

polygamy is an issue that is justified with statistics... frankly, it has absolutely nothin to do with stats... it just reinforces conventional patriarchical societies and makes women subservient to men... its a truly ridiculous idea... even tho' the prospect of having more than 1 legitimate sexual partner is enticing, it doesnt seem to foster happy families... it would be extremely arrogant for a man to claim that he can treat each wife equally, cuz that would borderline perfection... and no one is that perfect... i dont want to turn this into a religious argument, but even in islam it states that you can marry more than one wife if you can treat each one equally... and in another quote it says that its impossible for a man to do that... but religious scholars over the centuries have moulded religion to fit their own ideals and most of these scholars have been males... shows the fickleness of men... anywayzz, i've gone off more than i wished about this... just my 2 cents.. :m:

12. OrbitingTheSun Registered Member

Polygamy, both polyandry and polygyny, are ridiculous, in my opinion. I am way too possessive to be content in a relationship like that.

13. beth Registered Senior Member

Here's the Skinny

Okay, I actually don't believe anything that I printed in my origional post. It was 3 am and I was just trying to start trouble.

But what I do believe that under certain circumstances poligamy could be of benefit but stritly for economic reasons and is also completely irrelevant in modern day society.

Both man and women are in this day and age 100% capable of of independant survival, unlike 100 years ago when women, through thier role in society depended upon men for a home and to literally bring home the bacon.
    I'm sure there are documented acceptions to this but...

When all these men died in wars (civial war, WWI) at the beginning of the century many many women were left widows and unable to take care of themselves. therefore with no social programs set up by the goverenment poligamy would have been a brighter option then becoming a maid/hooker/giving up your children.

Otherwise I think people should be content with one partner and no I know that lesbians wouldn't flock to men, or whatever I said. And a limited gene pool would be very detrimental to society. Leaving with people to evolve. Natural selections would end up taking out whole communites if incest became common.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I was talking to a Muslim friend of mine about 6 or 7 years ago.

He told me that the most important thing in the Islam religion is truth.

He explained that teh reason Muslims are allowed to have multiple wives (he only had one wife, and no plans on getting more) was truth.

They believe that most men can not remain faithful to one woman.
    It goes against the nature of men.
    Rather than have the men cheat on women and lie to them (the worst sin is lying) they would rather have them have multiple wives and be truthful about it.
    I thought that was really interesting.

Beth:
    I figured you were mostly trying to stir up shit, but ther is something I am wondering based on that original post.
    You said:
    "Therefore if men double up on wives or even triple up lesbianism would be reduced."
    I know you said that you don't think lesbians would flock to men, but do you think that would be a good thing?
    Do you think there is something morally (or otherwise) wrong or bad about lesbianism or lesbians in general?

15. beth Registered Senior Member

I have no personal problem with lesbianism. I actually have a few lesbian friends. As long as I don't feel uncomfortable while we interact I am unaffected. I hardly even think about it. But if I'm touched in a sexual way and want no part in it, then I handle the situation the same as I would if it were a guy.

16. beth Registered Senior Member

Going against the natural man

I was intrigued by your comment about going against the natural man. I believe that one of our quests on this earth as spiritual and emotional beings is learning how to over come the carnal/natural man. Hence Buddhism and the 7? steps to enlightenment.

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

That's what I'm talking about. YIYAH!!!!!

:m:

:m:

I'm digging it! More chicks for Wesley! More Lesbians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniffle*

It's my dream come true!!!!

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Re: Going against the natural man

The Noble Eightfold Path (or the Eigthfold Path to Enlightenment):

1. Right View (Understanding).

This is the right way of interpreting and viewing the world. It involves the realisation of the three signata in all phenomena, and of the Four Noble Truths as being applicable to the human condition. More generally it involves the abandonment of all dogmatically held wrong views.

2. Right Intention (Thought).

The Buddha argued that all human thought and action spring from basic "intentions", "dispositions", or "roots", which are capable of deliberate cultivation, training and control. The three roots of wrong, unwholesome or "unskilful" action are: Greed, Aversion and Delusion. The right intention which the Buddhist path requires, is an intention which is free from these roots. The Buddha called the intention "that is free from greed and lust, free from ill-will, free from cruelty".

3. Right Speech.

Since speech is the most powerful means of communication, the Buddha emphasises the cultivation of right modes of speech. These have been described as avoiding falsehood and adhering to the truth; abstaining from tale-bearing and instead promoting harmony; refraining from harsh language and cultivating gentle and courteous speech; avoiding vain, irresponsible and foolish talk, and speaking in reasoned terms on subjects of value. Naturally right speech includes in the modern context right ways of communication whatever the medium used.

4. Right Action.

This refers to wilful acts done by a person, whether by body or mind. Under the former it involves such forms of ethical conduct as not killing (or harming) living beings, theft, sexual wrong-doing, etc. On the positive side right action, also called wholesome deeds (kusalakamma), involves acts of loving-kindness (mettâ), compassion (karunâ), sympathetic joy (mudita), generosity (câga), etc.

5. Right Livelihood.

This involves not choosing an occupation that brings suffering to others, e.g. trading in living beings (including humans), arms, drugs, poisons, etc.; slaughtering, fishing, soldiering, sooth-saying, trickery, usury, etc. This provides the economic blueprint for a truly Buddhist society.

6. Right Effort.

This has been described as "the effort of avoiding or overcoming evil and unwholesome things, and of developing and maintaining wholesome things" (Ñyânâtiloka). Right effort enables an individual to cultivate the right frame of mind in order to accomplish the ethical requirements under right speech, right action and right livelihood. It is generally presented as a factor of mental training, enabling individuals to develop the sublime states of loving-kindness (mettâ) compassion (karunâ), sympathetic joy (mudita), and equanimity (upekkha). However it has a general applicability and the effort could be directed to all wholesome activities.

7. Right Mindfulness.

This is the basic Buddhist technique of cultivating awareness. The classic sutta on the subject is the satipahâna sutta which will be considered briefly in the next chapter. Although viewed as a meditation component in fact right awareness has a wider applicability.

8. Right Concentration.

This is the concentration of mind associated with wholesome consciousness which could be achieved through the systematic cultivation of meditation. Progress along this line is indicated by the achievement of the different levels of "absorption" (jhânas).

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

even in that type of a relationship, why is one neccesarily subservient? I would imagine if everyone got along for the most part and everyone was just who they are, rather than worrying about what to call themselves... roles would be mixed as they are in relationships in general.
    Stats back that up? I'd be interested in reading that shiznit there.
    have you ever treated any two people exactly equally? wouldn't you just treat them as you would treat them as people you love? every person I loved is treated as exactly the person that they are as far as I know them to be and with the general sense of "fairness" that I carry in my mind during interactions with the other humans.
    True, but I think that's a retarded requirement. That type of relationship would require understanding. If you as the man truly loved your womens, you would treat them as you would as though they were a woman you were in love with.. would you not? You would of course have to take into account a broader dynamic in the relationship and remember that you have a lot of responsibilities. *giggle*
    Whoa, right on. Truth! I agreed with islam for a second there! Woo hoo! (just that it's so rare on account that I loath religions and stuff)
    Well, good point, but we're talking poligamy, not male gets bunch of bitches... I'd say it should go whichever way people digs it. I'd put some kind of cap on it so people don't go tooooo nutty, but I think people should be able to mix and match marriages as they see fit. Up to like 6 people or something maybe. What the hell.
    And NO I have NEVER fantasized about this topic at all EVER, so don't even try it. :bugeye:

(regardless of the intent of the post-starting pussy-loving chick, I'm taking a stand for sexual liberation!)

Is there a good reason that's a bad idea? I haven't thought of it yet. Help a brother out now. Come on.

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You're thinking about it ALL WRONG! It's an opportunity for enterprise growth! You have to think of it as "an opportunity to learn the skill of taking the ear bashing that two women might give independently, and off loading about 69% of it to each of your two womens. That way, you end up with less of an ear bashing than you started with and well.. twice the pussy! Hmm.. wait, maybe they'll get distracted and forget about you? Argh!?!! Ah, just another opportunity for improvement! It's all about attitude!!!!!!!! *giggle*

21. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

If a bunch of women really want to marry one man, it's fine by me. I really think it should be tolerated a lot more. Is it even legal in the United States?

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Oh no. NO no. Nuh-uh. Not a chance. Not even in Nevada.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

what about a woman marrying 5 men?