Fallout = uber

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by JoojooSpaceape, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

does anyone else remember sitting at their computerfor hours on end running thruough the nucler wasteland in possibly one of the best strategy turn based games? and then after beating it, you played through again.. and again... just to see how other perks work. well I have been going through fallout tactics again to beat it... just for fun, only this time without a team of full humans, but rather one human, one robot, and the rest are deathclaws... I love fallout tactics, what are your thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Göd I'm über Registered Member

i dunno...

i obviously didn't like fallout or fallout tactics. it was a crappy game and i hated the user interface and the graphics were absolutely horrible even for the time they were created. There was no strategy involved whatsoever. This game was aboslutely horrible and if you actually shelled out the money to buy this, you spent money on poo. I can't believe someone actually played it more than once. Once was enough for me and i got rid of that as fast as i could. WARNING!!! AVOID THIS GAME!!! btw, i've never actually played either game.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

...... i hate you sir =P No fungi for you... EVER

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I played the Demo of Tactics and I was hooked. I kept playing it over and over again, trying out new strategies and load outs. It as to be one of my favourite games. The chain knife was so cool, the way the guys just fall apart like that just made me drool. I love the whole Post-Apocoplytic theme of things, and this was very well thought out and styled. It was great playing that to Static - X I can tell you.
    I really should buy the game, only £5 retail. When I have the time I will. I have my holidays coming up.

What kind of downloads are there, mod wise? Any new skins, weapons and levels??

8. Göd I'm über Registered Member

there really aren't that many more mods, being the fact not many more people play it that more, however, joojoospaceape is creating a skin for freedom force, creating a suit of powerarmor for the heroes

9. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

Fallout 1 and 2 were the best computer rpgs I've played, and have paved the way for a whole new style. Never played Fallout Tactics, but the Fallout series is highly reccommended.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

heh, Fallout tactics was easily the worse of the 3 games however givin the high standards and the greatness of all fallout games its still above most games, different combat style, More emphasis on tactical combat than getting lucky with a critical shot, You get cars, a tank, an APC, and a scout vehicle, all of which you can fire out oif and if they get damaged im pretty sure you can repair them, It places a lot of emphasis on the Brotherhood of Steel which was easily one of my favorite aspects about the game in the first place, but it shows that just like any other military group it does have its flaws, and in fact, they even enslave a group of people in the game.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I have played Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel for endless hours

it's THE GAME

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

what's wrong with slaves?

I wuldn't mind owning a sexy slave girl

13. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I'm a hard core fallout fan, I got the first game when it came out, and then agonized as I waited for the second to come out, and played them both through about a thousand times.

A note about fallou2: There is no way to save the intelligent death claws, it's insane!

I've also got Fallout Tactics, though I have mixed feelings about it. Most hardcore fans thougth that this game was an unwelcome bastardization of the series, and really takes away from the legacy of fallout. Personaly I thought the game was a lot of fun, but then I don't think it is worthy of the fallout name. It's more a fallout themed Squad based strategy game, than anything else. . . I mean they even contradict a good bit of Fallout Cannon layed down by the first two games. Anyway reguardless I've played through Tactics about 5 times, heh and yes it's possable to create your starting character so that he has enough action points to fire his MP5 (which you tend to start out with) two times, and then give a burst, which is incredably devistating in the early levels, as it essentialy doubles your starting squad's fire power, hehe.

Something you may not yet have heard of, though is that there is a new fallout game comming out! And even the hardcore fans who enjoyed Tactics, will have to admit that this is a flagrent bastardization, and will simply refuse to buy it.

It's an action/adventure game comming out for Playstation, and the X-box. That's right, console Fallout, it's surely a sign of the appocolypse.

Click here to take a look at it, just be careful not to poke out your eyeballs and puke all over your key board once you see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.