Problem with KazaA lite!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by ElectricFetus, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I have recently been trying out KazaA lite and I have discovered that it could not find as many files as KazaA or iMesh could. I had a how pile of downloads that could not finish on KazaA lite... I turn on iMesh, Alt+F4 the ads and find it finishing off all my downloads I have been waiting weeks for in under a day! I must say I am very dissatisfied with the performance of KazaA lite and will now go back to my to iMesh.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I guess if Kazaa lite's got problems it will be down to the real Kazaa creators not being too happy with the none spywared clone.

Here's a question for you, what Userlevel did you have?
    (Was it a high number or not?)

There are ways to boost the level (although not very moral) the higher your number the better priority you have at getting a file and "Bandwidth" over another user.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

hum, no its is "High" (165)... iMesh on the other hand, does not seem to have a user rank?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

Hmm... my Kazaalite automatically set mine to 1000.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well theres one method that uses a crack to raise it.

Another is you have one really large file and you type your IP address into your browser.

KAZAA servers it's list of what you have to offer on particular port numbers, one of which being Port 80 (the usualy port that serves webpages).

Once the page opens it will show links to every file being servered, you just pick the larger file that your serving and then click it.

It doesn't take long for the file to download, since it's not going over the net and it does put your score up. (thing is I think you can only do it once, then you'd have to reset as in reboot)

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Hope this can help

To well cooked fetus

This might help: when you see a file with more than one user pick the one with the higher bandwidth. Most people i know make the mistake of downloading from the first user they see. Also has the user level really affected anybody. I have a low user level and i still get excellent speeds. Your Kazaa lite problems maybe coming from your pc because fine works fine and dandy. Or that maybe imesh is messing with your system. There could be many factore involving your problem. Also search more than once, a lot of times ( i don't know why) the best filesize and best bandwidth shows up if you search for it indirectly.

hope that helped

"beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I pick the one with the most users having it. I think it has something to do with my firewall

11. Apathy Registered Member

How do I find the user level?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.