word "sucked" found not to mean anything

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by diskgrinder, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diskgrinder Registered Member

In a statement that is bound to set the alarm bells ringing for American teenagers everywhere (but mainly in America), Harvard Professor Fido Kervorkian, 13, revealed that the word "sucked" does not mean anything.

As teen geeks everywhere struggled to understand, Kervorkian sent another depth charge into youth culture -
    "the word 'sucks' blows chunks as well," he said, "our in-depth research has revealed that the verb 'suck' and its participles occur mainly in sentences we refer to as 'content-free' - full of sound and fury, yet signifying nothing - so when a youth says 'Star Trek sucks', they're not saying anything at all really - in the sense that it imparts no new information. Just think about the fact that 'Star Trek blows' means the same thing. Personally I think Start Trek blows and sucks".

Kervorkian is a card carrying member of the Illuminatus.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I suppose this vaguely fit's "Nerd Culture"... vaguely...

Anyhow I could place the word "Suck" into a topic, Newsgroup Servers.

Yes a "Newsgroup server sucks", Okay thats Just when it's taking news from other servers. I tried configuring one once but couldn't find anyone to Suck from, so that really DIDn't suck.

[Actually Newsgroup servers an Suck/Pull or Push. Push is when your server posts on others while suck and pull and for pulling topics and posts from others.]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. rhetorician Registered Senior Member

i use sucks alot. mostly when i shouldn't but i don't see it as meaningless. Sucks is obviously shortened phrase for sucks D!@& which to most straight guys (majority speaking) is something they don't like because its to close to the HOMO word. So they r really just saying they don't like it. Every culture uses slang so u can't really say anyone is above it.

PS. im not saying anything Bad about the Gay topic, cept personally im a more traditional guy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.