You can talk with AI at...

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Ecstat, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecstat Registered Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

these things are always fun.

at some point i said "in a cave" and she responded "describe your surrondings" so i said it again and she gave the same response.

not quite that smart

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

She really starts to look stupid when you get her to talk to herself. I don't remember the link but it was a test, they connected two copies of her and had her talk to herself. She had a really fast conversation, but nothing was actually said.

-AntonK

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shadows technocrat:Teach me Registered Senior Member

same can be said of most people. We say alot but are we actually saying things that matter?

8. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I agree....
    But i think the major problem with the AI is that she won't (didn't say can't because I have seen it done) add any new information to the conversation. She can't make connections based on previous topics or knowledge.

For the work I do (in Military Simulation) we are working on giving virtual soldiers a better knowledge of their virtual surroundings so that human officers training inside the sim can give more human like commands and requests and the sim soldiers can use information they already know to understand what they are talking about.

-AntonK

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

20q.org

its a 20 something year old learning database that can come up with the answer "myself" or "the game 20q" if you play that. it can even get "the state of nothingness".

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

AntonK,

Thats when you start putting soldiers in "boxes".
    (I mean like complete scans of what they do depending on their heirarchal positioning.)

The point there is once you start doing that, why have humans in the field?

And when you get to that point, why fight wars with robots (especially if it gets to robots against robots)

I hope before long it would be understood that you could settle things with a game of "Risk" or chess, Or perhaps arm wrestling like a certain pair of Australian phone companies.

(Somebody if you've got the link it would be good to put here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.