Halo

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Pollux V, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well I bought this game a few weeks ago and promptly finished it in one week on the normal difficulty. Just a day or two ago I finished it on heroic. Now I'm on the third level, on legendary...damn it's hard.

So I love this game and I expect that anyone else who has played it feels the same way. It's just so much fun, you're constantly in a firefight, the little grunts are funny, and it's....it's awesome!! Unfortunately I only have two controllers and no friends that live nearby (they all dwell in a town a few miles away) so I haven't been able to play any of the really cool games, instead I just play with my sister, which is fun, but, still....

I was disapointed to find that Halo 2 is still a year off from its release. I'm really looking forward to it. Also, I can't wait for Knights of the Old Republic. That game is gonna be awesome. No doubt about it.

So, any strategies/stories you'd like to share?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Tell me Pollux, is this game on X-Box?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Is it on PC as well?

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Halo is due to be released on PC pretty shortly. It was at first supposed to be an X-Box exclusive game, but obviously the people at MicroSoft want to line their pockets with more greenbacks.

I am not a fan of Halo on the X-Box, FPS games are so bad on consoles. The PC is the daddy of FPS games

9. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Surprisingly I find that Halo is different in that it is very enjoyable on a non-PC platform. Most people like the keyboard and mouse combo but then you get into computer/internet connection speeds and such. Halo allows adequate and balanced control and great gameplay at least in my opinion.

As far as Halo 2 I believe it will be out sometime late this year...Aug? I'll have to check on that. And yes Halo is a great game. To beat it on Legendary I would strongly go Co-op because if one of you is in a safe place and the other dies, you respawn next to your buddy (or sister). Plus you will need the extra firepower as I seem to run out of either life or ammo at any given time.

But for some serious fun you'd have to try an 8 on 8 capture the flag. As far as strategies and stories goes, you can kill your partner if they are low on ammo or health. Maybe you are about to walk into a room full of enemies and are low on health and rather than risk both of you getting killed and having to restart at your last save point you can have that extra life to help you through. There are so many funny stories from our frequent Halo nights. We manage to get a jeep on top of the base in Blood Gulch. There are some other funny things but too many to list.

Glad to see you like playing Halo. Too bad you don't live near me otherwise I'd invite you over to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.