locked out of WinXP...only have limited account now!! HELP

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Mopar_Mezz, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mopar_Mezz Registered Member

hello all, i'm new here (obviously...)

i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to 'hack' into a WinXP admin account from a limited account? if i can get into an admin account, and change my pass/privlages, that'll work...but first i have to get into an admin account... i want my admin privlages back without messing anything up.

is there a directory where WinXP stores the passwords? if so they're probably encrypted aren't they?

BTW: i don't even know my own pass because my parents kicked me off...the only time i can get on is for homework in hell...aka skool...(ever heard of a 17yr old being 'grounded' from his computer? its BULLSHIT!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

thanx for any help

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

If you haven't set a password for the general "admin" account, then you can log on to it. I have my XP set up to start with the multi-user startup screen. From there, I hit ctrl+alt+del twice and that takes me out of the pretty XP screen and brings up a plane login window. Type "admin" into the user name and leave the password blank. Viola! without hacking the OS.

But it all depends if your parents have already set a password for the general admin account.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

get everything off it you want and do a lowerlevel out of the bios?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mopar_Mezz Registered Member

tried that already... they put passwords on ALL accounts (we all have admin privs till bad reports come from hell...guess i shouldn't sleep in trig eh?), and they lowered mine to limited account.

i found a thing in astalavista about hacking from a limited account through Dos, but it wouldn't work. it has you backup the login.scr into another folder, and delete it out of system32, then reset the pass of an admin account to get in that way, but it kept telling me 'access denied' when i tried making the new folder in system32...

heres the url for it...http://www.astalavista.com/library/os/winXP/hack-winxp.shtml

thanx though!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  8. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

How 'bout bringing home an "A?"

9. Mopar_Mezz Registered Member

but that would mean staying awake in class!!

whats the point of history? why hang around in the past? focus on the future man!

trig? WTF? WHEN will i EVER use ANY of it? log's suck...

10. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I suggest you go outside and start learning some manual labor skills then because trig is an incredibly BASIC math and without it you can't do anything related to computers (you also, can't graduate highschool haha).

History is also valuable. You'd be surprised how dumb you are. There are a lot of smart people that lived long before you and you can benefit from what they knew, saw, did. Even in fields you wouldn't think of. General life experience and knowledge are applicable ANYWHERE.

-AntonK

11. Mopar_Mezz Registered Member

manual labor skillz? i'm a mechanic man! screw that! hey, if y'all don't want to tell me, or don't know of any way to hack the admin pass from a limited account, then PLEASE don't post...you don't know me, and i don't care for your opinions of hell (aka skool). trig is BULLSHIT....and history is just plain dumb. it already happened, who cares who the 18th president was, he's dead now! it doesn't matter to me. what DOES matter though, is the NOW, and the FUTURE!

12. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Pretty much no one cares who people were except biographers. History is about learning why things happened, if your school directs you otherwise, then it is their fault and you can't help thinking that history means nothing. The reason you're taught history is all about why. The who's, where's, how's, when's are only significant to learn so you don't make irrational conclusions. Such as.....you hear that Hitler led the killing of lots of Jews. If you didn't know anything about Hitler, you might think he was another George Washington type and Jews "deserved" to be killed.......is that really why the Holocaust happened? Nope. That's why you need to know who people are....you don't have to care, just know. You're stuck in the class for 45-90min, make the best of it.....and sleep isn't the best of it.

13. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

There are ways about it, but f you would have been doing your “homework” you wouldn’t be asking for assistance to strangers. Hardly any parent will intentionally conduct harm to their children. Your parent do have a reason, and the best choice on your side is to discuss it with tem and learn to compromise for your long term benefit.:m:

14. immane1 Registered Senior Member

Mopar Mezz,
    I have a UNIX based program that when put on cd, one can boot to it. It then, with minimal input, resets the administrator password on any windows machine by "rearranging the SAM". Wouldn't YOU like to know what or where to get this program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.