C++ Gui

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Ender, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Registered Senior Member

Does any one know where i can Learn GUI for c++? I have looked around but cann't find any thing. I need a Tutorial or somehing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

No C++ GUI

There really isnt a C++ GUI. C++ is a language, nothing more. What gui you use is dependent on what system you are on. If you are on Windows you can use the WINAPI, there are plenty of tutorials on that (but i wouldn't recommend it) or you can use a toolset. If you are on Linux you can either use the Xlib interface or go with a toolset. Personally, unless your application requires specialized graphics and widgets (ex: buttons, sliders, etc.) you should use a toolset. I choose to use platform independent toolkits, which means they run on Windows and Linux/Unix and sometimes Mac. I use FLTK for a number of my projects because it is very simple. They will eventually be moving to FLTK 2.0 which is supposedly a huge improvement over 1.1, but I haven't compiled the CVS so I don't know. Another option is Qt which is a commercial software but can be used free of charge for non-commercial applications. I definately recommend this, I am learning the API now and their callback system is FAR superior to FLTK's (actually there is an addon for FLTK that emulates the Qt system). Anyways, there are lots of other depending on exactly what type of app you want. Those are just a few. Just google for gui toolkit.

FLTK - Fast Light Tool Kit
    www.fltk.org

Qt
    http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/index.html

-AntonK

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.