Any Physicists Out there?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Qiothus II, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Qiothus II Majikal Man Registered Senior Member

I am not putting this in the science area because it is not entirely a physics question. I made a good and evil thread a while back, and the impression I got was that most people think that the two don't exist in any kind of reality, rather they are subjective and trivial. Well, while trying not to beat a dead horse, I am going to inquire on this topic again, so please bear with me.

I have come across a delimma in my life recently that has sprouted from quite an alarming epiphany. A few years back, I noticed the presence of a dual personality that was not very nice and seemed to take over whenever I was put into certain situations. This other "me" wanted to do nothing but hurt everything and everyone that was unworthy of being in my presence or had in some way committed offense to me (quite the ego huh). I was successful in repressing this personality after quite a bit of time and therapy, however, it never left completely.

Now, with that background in mind, my problem is as follows; the epiphany I had was that the "evil" personality was my true personality, and the person whom I am today was created by me when I was a child to prevent myself from hurting others. I have made sense of this in my own mind, but I would sincerely like to be one person, so my question is: how do I make a comprimise between the two sides to get them to join? The physics aspect, is similar to the 5 ball pendulum thing (I don't know what it's called--can't you tell); the external ball on one side swings and collides with the balls in the middle, transfer the force and bounces the ball on the other side out. This is like my problem in that, I want to stop the motion of the balls entirely; the good stops hitting the bad, and the bad stops hitting the good, and they become one. It works in my head, but I don' know how to stop it. I figured I'd take this querry to Sciforums because I tend to think you guys are smarter than those with whom I associate on a regular bases; however, you guys will probably pund me into the ground for such a thread.

Do your worst.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

heyyy. this is science. not physical science. but it's science.

oh goodness. such flattery

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i'm no clinical pychologist so i don't know much about personality theory other than experience. I kinda feel like that too. Some times i just turn failry mean. my guess is that it's really all one personality, just that some things bring out the extremes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Qiothus II Majikal Man Registered Senior Member

It isn't just some things that bring out meanness, it is a flowing meanness that is not even in my natural line of thinking.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.