Hacker caught by 15 y/o Girl

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Bachus, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bachus Registered Senior Member

21 Februaries 2003 - It resembles a little bit a Roll Monkey-message, but according to the Belgian paper De standaard a fifteen year old girl succeeded to identify a computer hacker that spend 1000 Euros at computer things on the credit card of her father. This happened after they a message of him has brought in. She let the it however not there sit and went via the chatroom which they met him before. When they proposed a test to play that shows wheter two people would fit, he fell for it and gave her his personal information. That gave the fifteen year old girl enough info to hand it over to the police.

Sorry for the bad translation but i did it with an online translator

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

/edit still bad spelling but i tryed to make it somewhat more readable

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. valentino Registered Senior Member

Say what?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VAKEMP Registered Senior Member

Translation (as far as I can understand):

21 February 2003-
    According to the Belgian paper De Standaard, a 15 year old girl successfully identified a computer hacker that bought 1000 Euros worth of computer equipment using her father's stolen credit card information.

The girl knew who the hacker was by chatting with him in a chatroom. The hacker was unaware of this, and agreed to take a matchmaking test for the girl, where he had to give out his personal information to her. Once she had this information, she turned it over to the police.

Not perfect, but I hope it helps!

BTW: That's a pretty funny story!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. valentino Registered Senior Member

So not only was he a thief, he liked preying on little girls in chat rooms too. . . Did he get double charged?

8. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

1. he revealed his cheating adventure in a chatting room..(gone by the tranlation )
    2. atleast he had been honest to the little miss while giving info. about him...

most probably may not be a criminal... an intelligent idiot.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.