ROM question

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Cog, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cog Registered Member

I was hacking a ROM of FF1 into a zelda type game a while back, and came across problems with the pallete. Basically, I cant get the right colors. I am limited to the colors already used in that sprite, and its different for the top and the bottom.
    Im not sure anyone would know this, but is there any way to change the pallete for a tile? Also, for some reason my software doesnt show the true colors for the tile, i just have to work with them from memory, so if there is a way to change ill need to be able to see what the actual color is as well. I have Thingy and Tile Layer Pro for software.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bower12345 Registered Member

I believe the NES uses its own 8-bit color pallette which is built into the NES. I don't believe that each cartridge has an opportunity to use its own pallette. So I believe you would be stuck with the colors you have and don't have the opportunity to change any to different colors. As far as the colors not showing up right, emulating the NES pallette is still not perfected which is why some colors might not show up right.

Regards,
    Mike

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.