Help w/ KaZaA

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by UberDragon, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Recently, when I've dowloaded movies, some of them don't show the actual video. I have audio, but the only thing showing in the Theater is that color-changing thing. How do i view the videos? Do I need some sort of program to do it? Please help!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Erm...my guess would be to view the video in WMP (prefably the newest one) and it should ask for a codec or to download one. That's all I know, maybe someone can expand on that or shut me up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

If WMP doesn't find the correct codec you might want to download an run Nimo. Basically what it is is a package of about half a dozen popular video and audio codecs that you install to your system. Now the actual package is on beta, but the codecs that they install are usually full ver. If that doesn't work, post back I got another handy program that will tell you what codec a movie is encoded in.

*Note* When you install Nimo you need to use WMP to open the movie files, Kazaa doesn't work.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

I actually fixed it last night. thanks for your help everyone!

8. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Kazaa is only good for Dling music. If your going to dled any movies, use WinMX and mIRC.

Later
    T

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I have to say MIRC is kind of fun with it's "Slut bots", but it doesn't get the same speeds as a file share network (Plus there are a few Virus warning for some bot types).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.