AAAA! Help!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by BloodSuckingGerbile, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

I accidentally deleted a program I've made. Took me three months to make it!!! Can I undelete it? Do you know of any software to do it?
    Please help!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

Thanx Adam, but the file is urecoverable.
    There goes my high school project...

You can delete this thread now...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

Hey, sorry about your loss.. Don't worrry. Coming from someone who has lost MANY a project for various reasons. Each project gets larger and better as you get to be a better programmer and you look back on that project you lost and realize "hey..i can make that agani in about 2 days." and it kinda makes you feel better.

-AntonK

8. jvonthenet Registered Member

try again

unless u did a lotta rewritin since deletin u might find some software 2 get it back....there really r 2 many n u cld try some b4 givin up....n if its gonna really cost u marks n ur teachers not ready 2 listen...i bliv there r guys who can undelete frm even a formatted disk...if it means so much u can try talkin 2 some h/w guy u know

9. Rick Valued Senior Member

This is where XP is brilliant,It gives an option of restoring the system to an older npoint given by the user...

bye!

10. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

I agree, but this one was kind of special with lots of trial and error stuff. I don't remember exactly how I did it. I would be able to recreate it, but it'll take me at least a month...

Yes I did...

I don't have XP coz everytime I install it it crashes about two weeks later... maybe, and it's probably my computer, but it kinda sucks...

Thanx for the support you guys...

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Zion,

If XP's restore is the same as ME's, it's a potential nightmare.
    For instance, if you haven't got anti-virus software up and you open an e-mail that loads something like Klez.e into your system, you'll find that the restore function backs it up.

The backup has a particular reg key that is different to other folders, so you can't alter stored data or delete it.

This means you can wipe the virus from your files, but restore could keep spreading the virus that can't be deleted.

Nasty!

12. thoughtpol Registered Member

another annoying thing about XP restore: if you d/l an executable and it's a little corrupt, it's not so easy at all to just delete the damn thing and re-download. you can delete it, but then when you go to download it again, it just reappears in its former corrupt state, instantaneously. you have to go to f*cking Temporary Internet File or some shit to really get rid of it, which is so stupid.

not that that was on subject.

13. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Please check for Restore 2000 at;
    http://www.bitmart.net
    I used it once and it did the exact job. It costed me $49

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.